Cat #: C-115
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Effective concentration 1-200 µM.
Chemical name N-[1-(Phenylmethyl)-4(1H)-quinolinylidene]-1 pentanamine hydrochloride.
Molecular formula C21H25ClN2.
CAS No.: 185855-91-8, 478341-55-8.
Activity CP 339818 hydrochloride is a KV1.3 and KV1.4 channel blocker1.
- Hanson, D.C. et al. (1999) Br. J. Pharmacol. 126, 1707.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility 20 mM in DMSO. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g for 1 min).
Storage of solutions Up to four weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs CP 339818 hydrochloride inhibits KV1.3 channels heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of reversible current inhibition of KV1.3 current amplitude by 200 μM CP 339818 hydrochloride (#C-115). Ramp stimulation; 100 ms from holding potential -100 mV to +20 mV, delivered every 10 seconds. B. Superimposed current traces of control and inhibited current as indicated (taken from the experiment in A).
References - Scientific background
- 1. Nguyen, A. et al. (1996) Mol. Pharmacol. 50, 1672.
- CP 339818 hydrochloride is a potent KV1.3 channel antagonist that preferentially binds to the C-type inactivated state of the channel. It appears to recognize only the inactivated conformation of KV1.3. CP 339818 hydrochloride inhibits KV1.3 expressed in the brain and in T lymphocyte cells with an IC50 value of ~200 nM. In addition to its effect on KV1.3, CP 339818 inhibits the Shaker-related A-type K+ channel, KV1.4, expressed in brain cells with an IC50 of ~300 nM. CP 339818 is a significantly less potent blocker at KV1.1, KV1.2, KV1.5, KV1.6, KV3.1-4, and KV4.2. CP 339818 is valuable for immune system studies, where the absence of KV1.4 makes it functionally selective for KV1.3, and it has shown suppression of T cell activation. CP 339818 hydrochloride is also valuable for the study of KV1.4 function1.
Target KV1.3, KV1.4 K+ channels
Last update: 13/11/2019
CP 339818 hydrochloride (#C-115) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) Antibody (#APC-002)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#APC-101-B)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APC-101-F)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-PE Antibody (#APC-101-PE)
- Guinea pig Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-005)
- Anti-KV1.4 Antibody (#APC-007)
- Anti-KV1.4 (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-167)
- Blockers/Antagonists: peptides/peptide toxinsBlockers/Antagonists: small molecules