This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Alomone Labs DMAB-anabaseine dihydrochloride inhibits α7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Current traces of α7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor activity at -60 mV holding potential. Currents were elicited by application of 100 µM acetylcholine every 50 seconds. Inhibition of these induced currents was achieved upon perfusion of 1 or 10 µM DMAB-anabaseine dihydrochloride (#D-110) (indicated by the horizontal bars). B. Superimposed current responses to the application of either 100 µM acetylcholine (Ach) or 100 µM DMAB-anabaseine dihydrochloride (Ana), demonstrating the partial agonist effect on α7 channels.
- Kombo, D.C. et al. (2011) Eur. J. Med. Chem. In Press.
- Papke, R. L. et al. (1994) Giacobini E, Becker R (eds) Alzheimer disease: therapeutic strategies, 206.
- De Fiebre, C. M. et al. (1995) Mol. Pharmacol. 47, 164.
- Kem, W.R. et al. (1997) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Therap. 283, 979.
- Stevens, K.E. et al. (1998) Psychopharmacology 136, 320.
- Weltzin, M.M. et al. (2010) J. Pharmacol. 334, 917.
nAChRs are members of the Cys-Loop ligand-gated ion channel superfamily, located both in the peripheral and central nervous systems (PNS and CNS, respectively). These receptors, existing as both homopentameric and heteropentameric transmembrane ion channels, are validated therapeutic targets for various CNS pathologies1.
DMAB-anabaseine (DMAB), an anabaseine analog, is a selectively partial agonist at α7 receptors which are predominantly found in the central nervous system2-3. In contrast, DMAB is an antagonist at α3β4, α4β2 and other nicotinic receptors4-5 and blocks the α4β2 current with an IC50 of about 5 µM6.
DMAB-anabaseine dihydrochloride (#D-110) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α1 (CHRNA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-001)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α4 (CHRNA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-004)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-007)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANC-007-F)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β2 (CHRNB2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-012)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β2 (CHRNB2) (extracellular)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#ANC-012-AR)
Blockers/Antagonists: peptides/peptide toxinsBlockers/Antagonists: small moleculesActivators/Agonists: small molecules