This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Tomoda, T. et al. (2005) Br. J. Pharmacol. 146, 25.
- Alomone Labs Flavoxate hydrochloride inhibits voltage-gated CaV1.2 currents heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of CaV1.2/α2-δ1/β2a (L-type) current inhibition by 100 µM Flavoxate hydrochloride (#F-140). Currents were elicited by application of voltage steps from a holding potential of -100 mV to 0 mV (100 msec). B. Superimposed example traces of current responses before and during perfusion of 100 µM Flavoxate hydrochloride as indicated.
Voltage-dependent L-type Ca2+ channels play an important role Ca2+ influx. L-type calcium currents typically require a strong depolarization for activation and are long-lasting1.
The common pharmacological profile of L-type channels is determined by the α1 subunit, which forms the Ca2+ selective pore, and is encoded by one of the CaV1 (α 1S) channel genes2. Cav1.2 (CACNA1C) in humans is widely expressed in cardiac myocytes, smooth muscle myocytes, endocrine cells, neuronal cell bodies and proximal dendrites1.
Flavoxate hydrochloride is widely used for the treatment of urinary frequency3. Flavoxate increases urinary bladder capacity primarily by suppressing the micturition reflex through modulation of the central nervous system4. However, in addition to its activity in the CNS, it possesses direct inhibitory effects on the detrusor muscle. Flavoxate causes a detrusor relaxation through inhibition of L-type Ca+2 (CaV1.2) channels in human urinary bladder detrusor smooth muscle, in a concentration-dependent manner5.
Flavoxate hydrochloride (#F-140) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG)
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#AGP-001)
- Anti-CaV1.2a (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-013)
- Anti-Human CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-022)
- Penfluridol (#P-135)
- SR 33805 oxalate (#S-105)
- Verapamil HCl (#V-100)