Cat #: F-500
Alternative Name Colforsin, Coleonol
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Origin Coleus forskohlii.
Purity: >97% (HPLC)
Effective concentration 5-10 μM.
Chemical name [3R-(3a,4ab,5b,6b,6aa,10a,10ab,10ba)]-5-(Acetyloxy)-3-e thenyldodecahydro-6,10,10b-trihydroxy-3,4a,7,7,10a-pent amethyl-1H-naphtho[2,1-b]pyran-1-one.
Molecular formula C22H34O7.
CAS No.: 66575-29-9.
Activity Forskolin increases cAMP levels by activating adenylate cyclase1.
- Awad, J.A. et al. (1983) J. Biol. Chem. 258, 2960.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility DMSO, ethanol. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to four months at 4°C.
- Alomone Labs Forskolin activates (in vivo) adenylate cyclase in NIH/C6 neuroblastoma cells.Cells were pre-incubated for 30 min with IBMX (10 mM) and then stimulated for 30 min with different concentrations of Forskolin (#F-500). Cellular cAMP levels were measured by an ELISA kit.
References - Scientific background
- 1. De Souza, N.J. (1993) J. Ethnopharmacol. 38, 177.
- 2. Insel, P.A. et al. (2003) Cell Mol. Neurobiol. 23, 305.
- 3. Hoffman, B.B. et al. (1987) Horm. Metab. Res. 19, 358.
- 4. Mills, I. et al. (1984) Endocrinology 115, 1066.
- 5. Christenson, J.T. et al. (1995) Vasa 24, 56.
- 6. Hermansen, K. (1985) Endocrinology 116, 2251.
- 7. Metzger, H. et al. (1981) Arzneimittelforschung 31, 1248.
- 8. Schlepper, M. et al. (1989) Basic Res. Cardiol. 84 Suppl 1, 197.
- 9. Hartzell, H.C. et al. (1992) Mol. Pharmacol. 41, 880.
- 10. Li, X. et al. (1995) Am. J. Physiol. 269, C986.
- Forskolin is a cell permeable diterpenoid isolated from Coleus forskohlii. Forskolin has a unique ability to stimulate adenylate cyclase activity and increase cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP)1-10.
Last update: 21/07/2019
Forskolin (#F-500) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active compound.
For research purposes only, not for human use