- New New
This product has recently been released.
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)HAQPFDFPDDNQNSK, corresponding to amino acids residues 331-345 of human Connexin-43 (Accession P17302). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 3), (1:1000) and mouse brain (lanes 2 and 4), (1:200) membranes:1,2. Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#AGP-141).
3,4. Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 5 and 7) and mouse (lanes 6 and 8) heart membranes:5,6. Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#AGP-141), (1:400).
7,8. Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.Western blot analysis of human T-cell leukemia (Jurkat) (lanes 9 and 11) and human neuroblastoma (SH-SY5Y) (lanes 10 and 12) cell line lysates:9,10. Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#AGP-141), (1:400).
11,12. Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of Connexin-43 in mouse brainImmunohistochemical staining of frozen mouse cerebellum free floating sections using Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#AGP-141). CX43 immunoreactivity (red) appears in the Purkinje layer (vertical arrows) and in puncta along dendritic processes (horizontal arrows). Nuclei are stained using DAPI as the counterstain (blue).
- 1. Goodenough, D.A. and Paul, D.L. (2009) Cold Spring Harb. Persp. Biol. 1, a002576.
- 2. Nakagawa, S. et al. (2010) Curr. Opin. Struct. Biol. 20, 423.
- 3. Chew, S.S. et al. (2010) Exp. Neurol. 225, 250.
- 4. Trexler, E.B. et al. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 93, 5836.
- 5. Hu, X. et al. (2006) Biophys. J. 90, 140.
- 6. Tang, Q. et al. (2009) J. Gen. Physiol. 133, 555.
Connexins (Cx) are integral membrane proteins consisting of four transmembrane domains, two extracellular loops, one intracellular loop and intracellular N- and C-termini. The 21 members belonging to this family form homomeric or heteromeric hexamers generally termed connexons or hemi-channels. In turn, these hemi-channels further assemble in a head-to-head manner, thus forming gap junction channels1,2. Connexins are ubiquitously expressed and their activity is regulated at the expression level and by post-translational modifications1. For example, Connexin-43 (Cx43) protein level is regulated by its turnover rate and by phosphorylation of various residues which ultimately determines its activity rate1.
Gap junctions are usually found in clusters and enable intercellular communication by allowing the passage of small molecules between cells3. They play important roles in different biological processes. These include differentiation, cell cycle synchronization, cellular development, neuronal activity and the immune response2,4,5.
Due to their important roles, mutations in connexins are linked with a number of diseases such as neurodegenerative disorders, skin diseases, deafness, and developmental abnormalities2,5,6.
Species reactivity key:
Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#AGP-141), raised in guinea pigs, is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize CX43 from mouse, rat and human samples. The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#ACC-201) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as immuno-colocalization studies, immunoprecipitation, etc.
- Anti-Connexin-26 (GJB2) Antibody (#ACC-212)
- Anti-Connexin-31 (GJB3) Antibody (#ACC-213)
- Anti-Connexin-32 Antibody (#ACC-211)
- Anti-Connexin-36 Antibody (#ACC-209)
- Anti-Connexin-36-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-209-AG)
- Anti-Connexin-37 Antibody (#ACC-204)
- Anti-Connexin-40 (GJA5) Antibody (#ACC-205)
- Anti-Connexin-45 (GJC1) Antibody (#ACC-207)
- Anti-Connexin-29 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-223)