- Peptide (C)VEKQSTDSGAYSIGH, corresponding to amino acid residues 383-397 of rat P2X3 receptor (Accession P49654). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat dorsal root ganglion lysates:1. Guinea Pig Anti-P2X3 Antibody (#AGP-284), (1:400).
2. Guinea Pig Anti-P2X3 Antibody, preincubated with P2X3 Blocking Peptide (BLP-PR016).
- Expression of P2X3 in rat dorsal root ganglion.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) using Guinea pig Anti-P2X3 Antibody (#AGP-284), (1:200), followed by goat anti-guinea pig-AlexaFluor-594. A. P2X3 immunoreactivity (red) appears in neuronal profiles (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with P2X3 Blocking Peptide (BLP-PR016), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Expression of P2X3 in mouse paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus (PVN).Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections using Guinea pig Anti-P2X3 Antibody (#AGP-284), (1:200), followed by goat anti-guinea pig-AlexaFluor-594. A. P2X3 immunoreactivity (red) appears in neuronal profiles (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with P2X3 Blocking Peptide (BLP-PR016), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue). 3rd V = 3rd cerebral ventricle.
- Florenzano, F. et al. (2002) Neuroscience 115, 425.
- Ashcroft, F.M. et al. (2000) Ion Channels and Disease Ed.1.
- Khakh, B.S. et al. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 107.
- Ding, Y. et al. (2000) J. Auton. Nerv. Syst. 81, 289.
- Kage, K. et al. (2002) Exp. Brain Res. 147, 511.
- Prasad, M. et al. (2001) J. Physiol. 573, 667.
- Aoki, Y. et al. (2003) Brain Res. 989, 214.
- Burnstock, G. (2000) Br. J. Anaesth. 84, 476.
The P2X3 receptor belongs to the ligand-gated ion channel P2X receptor family, that consists of seven receptor subtypes named P2X1-P2X7 and is activated by extracellular ATP.1,2,3
All P2X subunits, with the exception of P2X6, can assemble to form homomeric or heteromeric functional channels.4-5 The different P2X receptors show distinct expression patterns. P2X1-6 has been found in the central and peripheral nervous system, while the P2X7 receptor is predominantly found in cells of the immune system. The P2X3 receptor is highly expressed on nociceptive sensory neurons in dorsal root ganglia (DRG) as a homomer or as a heteromer (P2X3/P2X2). ATP released from damaged cells activates the P2X3 receptor to initiate nociceptive signals.6,7 Involvement of ATP in the mechanism of chronic pain has been also suggested.7,8 P2X3 receptor is now becoming a possible target for the development of pain therapeutics.
Species reactivity key:
Widget not in any sidebars
Guinea Pig Anti-P2X3 Receptor Antibody (#AGP-284) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2X3 receptor from rat, mouse, and human samples.
The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-P2X3 Antibody (#APR-016) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as multiplex staining studies, immunoprecipitation and more.
- Anti-P2X1 Receptor Antibody (#APR-001)
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-025)
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor Antibody (#APR-003)
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#APR-003-AR)
- Anti-P2X3 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-026)
- Anti-P2X3 Receptor Antibody (#APR-016)
- Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-002)
- Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-013)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-008)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor Antibody (#APR-004)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor-ATTO Fluor-550 Antibody (#APR-004-AO)
- Guinea pig Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#AGP-085)