- Peptide CDGHQQGYAPKWRAEDAPL, corresponding to amino acid residues 853-871 of rat TRPV4 (Accession Q9ERZ8). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#AGP-147), (1:1500).
2. Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody, preincubated with TRPV4 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC034).
- Western blot analysis of rat DRG lysates:3. Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#AGP-147), (1:200).
4. Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody, preincubated with TRPV4 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC034).
TRP channels are a large family (about 28 genes) of plasma membrane, non-selective cationic channels that are either specifically or ubiquitously expressed in excitable and non-excitable cells1. According to IUPHAR, the TRP family comprises of three main subfamilies on the basis of sequence homology; TRPC, TRPM and TRPV (to date, three extra subfamilies are considered to belong to the TRP family; the TRPA, TRPML, and TRPP)1-4. The TRPV subfamily consists of six members, TRPV1-65.
TRPV4 (also named OTRPC4) is activated under hypotonic conditions and serves as an osmoreceptor. TRPV4 is expressed in brain, liver, kidney, heart, testis and salivary gland6.
Species reactivity key:
Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#AGP-147), raised in guinea pig, is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize TRPV4 from mouse, rat and human samples. The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#ACC-034) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as multiplex staining studies, immunoprecipitation, etc.
- Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-124). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting TRPV4.
- Anti-TRPV4-ATTO Fluor-550 Antibody (#ACC-034-AO). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in multiplex staining studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody(#ACC-124-F). This FITC-conjugated antibody can be used to detect TRPV4 in live cell flow cytometry.
- Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-124). This antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and can be used to detect TRPV4 in live cells.