This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
0.1 EU per 1 µg of the protein by the LAL method & lyophilized from a 0.2 µm filtered solution.
- Alomone Labs Recombinant human Neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) protein mediates neurite outgrowth in TrkC-transfected PC12 cells.One day post-transfection, cells were stimulated with 30 ng/ml Recombinant human Neurotrophin-3 NT-3 protein (#N-260). Neurite outgrowth was visualized by light microscopy 5 days after treatment.
- Alomone Labs Recombinant human Neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) protein induces ERK1/2 MAPK phosphorylation in TrkC transfected PC12 cells.Three days post transfection, cells were serum deprived for 3 hours and then challenged with varying concentrations of Recombinant human Neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) protein (#N-260) for 8 minutes. Cell extracts were prepared, resolved by SDS-PAGE and probed with anti-phospho-ERK1/2.
- Roux, P. and Barker P.A. (2002) Prog. Neurobiol. 67, 203.
- Zhou, X.F. and Rush, R.A. (1996) Brain Res. 643, 162.
- Blondel, O. et al. (2000) J. Neurosci. 20, 8012.
- McDonald, N.Q. et al. (1991) Nature 354, 411.
- Arvanian, V.L. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. 23, 8706.
- Tzeng, S.F. and Huang, H.Y. (2003) J. Cell Biochem. 90, 227.
- Sekimoto, M. et al. (2003) Immunol. Lett. 88, 221.
- Kimitsuki, T. et al. (2003) Auris Nasus Larynx 30, 141.
- Teng, K.K. and Hempstead, B.L. (2004) Cell Mol. Life Sci. 61, 35.
The neurotrophins ("neuro" means nerve and "trophe" means nutrient) are a family of soluble, basic growth factors which regulate neuronal development, maintenance, survival and death in the CNS and PNS.1
Of all the neurotrophins, Neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) shows the highest expression levels during the perinatal development, with most prominent expression levels in the hippocampus, the neocortex and the cerebellum.2 Release of endogenous NT-3 was observed from cultures of embryonic hippocampus following high K+ induced depolarization or stimulation with activity dependent neurotrophic factor (ADNF).3
The structural hallmark of all the neurotrophins is the characteristic arrangement of the disulfide bridges known as the cysteine knot, which has been found in other growth factors such as PDGF.4 The rat and human forms of NT-3 are 96% homologous.
NT-3 has been shown to strengthen synaptic connections to motoneurons in the neonatal rat,5 to serve as an anti-inflammatory factor to suppress microglial activation,6 to play a critical role in regulating T helper 1/T helper 2 cell balance7 and to modify potassium currents in isolated inner hair cells from guinea pig cochlea.8
The biological effects of NT-3 are mediated by two receptors: TrkC, which is specific for NT-3 and p75NTR, which binds all the neurotrophins.9
Recombinant human Neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) protein (#N-260) is a highly pure, recombinant, and biologically active protein.