|Product Name||Cat #||Size|
|ANT-005||1 x 0.2 ml|
Anti-p75 NGF Receptor (extracellular) Antibody
|ANT-007||1 x 0.2 ml|
Recombinant human proNGF protein
|N-280||1 x 25 µg|
Recombinant human proNGF (cleavage resistant) protein
|N-285||1 x 10 µg|
- Lyophilized Powder Lyophilized Powder
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
- Antigen Incl. Control Antigen Included
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Bioassay Tested Bioassay Tested
This antibody has undergone quality control and has been approved by our professional team.
- Shipped at Room Temp. Shipped at Room Temp.
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
- 100% Net Peptide 100% Net Peptide
This vial contains 100% net peptide content.
- Sterile & Endotoxin Free Sterile & Endotoxin Free
0.1 EU per 1 µg of the protein by the LAL method & lyophilized from a 0.2 µm filtered solution.
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer the Human proNGF Basic Research Pack (#ESB-652). The Research Pack contains all you need for human proNGF research: Antibodies to proNGF and its receptor, and recombinant proteins all in one economical package!
Neurotrophins are synthesized as pro-forms that can be cleaved either intracellularly to release mature, secreted ligands, or extracellularly by various proteases such as plasmin, furin, PC1/3, PC7, and PACE 4.1,2,5 The immature precursor has a prodomain of 103 amino acids, which was thought to have a role in the folding and sorting of the mature NGF into the various secretion pathways.
It was recently reported that proNGF, binds p75NTR receptor preferentially over TrkA, and this selective binding of proNGF to p75NTR leads to apoptotic death of cells that express both TrkA and p75NTR. However, mature NGF binds and activates both receptors, with resulting promotion of cell survival due to the TrkA-mediated survival signal overriding p75NTR -mediated apoptotic signal.3,4
Since pro- and mature neurotrophins seem to elicit opposite functional effects, by differential interactions with Trks and p75NTR receptors, extracellular cleavage represents a new way to control the synaptic functions of neurotrophins.
It was demonstrated that proNGF from injured spinal cord extracts, is active and induce apoptosis among oligodendrocytes, and apoptosis can be blocked by a proNGF-specific antibody.6
Finally, proNGF was demonstrated as the predominant form in mouse, rat, and human brain tissue, thyroid, hippocampus, thus suggesting a role for proNGF in vivo.5,7,8
- Lessman, V. et al. (2003) Prog. Neurobiol. 69, 341.
- Bibel, M. and Barde, Y.A. et al. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 2929.
- Lee, R. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1945.
- Ibanez, C.F. (2002) Trends Neurosci. 25, 284.
- Hasan, W. et al. (2003) J. Neurobiol. 57, 38.
- Beattie, M.S. et al. (2002) Neuron 36, 375.
- Fahnestock, M. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 18, 210.
- Lu, B. (2003) Neuron 39, 735.
- Human proNGF Premium Research Pack (#ESP-652)
- Human proNGF Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-652)
- Guinea pig Anti-proNGF Antibody (#AGP-031)
- Mouse NGF/proNGF Neutralizing Antibody (#ALM-006)
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ANT-007-AG)
- Recombinant mouse proNGF protein (#N-250)
- Recombinant mouse proNGF (cleavage resistant) protein (#N-255)
- Neurotrophic Factor Explorer Kit (#EK-500)