Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Up to 200 mM in DMSO. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (5,000 x g for 1 min).
- Alomone Labs IEM-1921 inhibits NMDA (NR1+NR2A) receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Representative time course of NR1/NR2A currents, elicited by transient stimulations with 20 µM glutamate + 20 µM glycine every 50 sec, while membrane potential was held at -60 mV, and significantly inhibited by 10 μM IEM-1921 (#I-180).
B. Superimposed current traces from the recording shown in A, following application of control and 10 μM IEM-1921. Transient stimulation is indicated by an arrow.
N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors, a family of L-glutamate receptors, play an important role in the central nervous system. Activation of NMDARs leads to cytosolic free intracellular calcium ([Ca2+]i) increase and for synaptic plasticity1.
Abnormal activity of NMDA receptors is associated different neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, Parkinson’s disease and the etiology of epilepsy1.
IEM-1921, also known as 1-phenylcyclohexylamine, is a selective blocker of NMDA receptors. In chronic experiments on Wistar and Krushinskii–Molodkina rats it was found that IEM-1921 (5mg/kg) acts as anticonvulsant. IEM-1921 decreased the duration of convulsions by 82% and prevent neural abnormalities in the brain2-3.
Widget not in any sidebars
IEM-1921 (#I-180) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001)
- Anti-NMDAR2A (GluN2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-002)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-003)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#AGC-003-AR)
- Anti-NMDAR2C (GRIN2C) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-018)
- Anti-NMDAR2D (GRIN2D) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-020)
- Anti-NMDAR3A (GRIN3A) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-030)
- Anti-NMDAR3B (GRIN3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-031)
- Guinea pig Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-046)
- (+)-MK 801 maleate (#M-230)
- (±)-CPP (#C-175)
- 5,7-Dichlorokynurenic acid monohydrate (#D-191)
- 7-Chlorokynurenic acid (#C-285)
- 7-Chlorokynurenic acid sodium salt (#C-286)
- Arcaine sulfate (#A-285)
- CGP-37849 (#C-325)
- CGS 19755 (#C-310)
- D-AP5 (#D-145)
- DL-AP5 (#D-140)
- DL-AP7 (#D-200)
- Kynurenic acid (#K-110)
- MPX-004 (#M-280)
- PEAQX tetrasodium hydrate (#P-255)
- QNZ 46 (#Q-270)
- Ro 25-6981 maleate (#R-180)