This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Chessell, I.P. et al. (1998) Br. J. Pharmacol.124, 1314.
Alomone Labs KN-62 inhibits human P2X7 receptors expressed in HEK-293 cells.Dose-response curve of hP2X7 inhibition by KN-62 (#K-120). Cells were loaded with Fluo-8 NW dye, incubated with increasing concentrations of KN-62, and stimulated with 80 µM BzATP. Changes in intracellular Ca2+ following agonist application were detected as changes in maximum relative fluorescence (RLU) using FLIPRTETRA™. IC50 was calculated at 2.6 µM.
KN-62 is a potent and non-competitive antagonist of purinergic P2X7 receptors. In addition, KN-62 acts as a selective cell permeable inhibitor of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase type II (CaM kinase II)1. KN-62 inhibits Bz-ATP-induced currents in HEK–human P2X7 cells and CaM kinase II with IC50 value of 25 nM and 1 µM respectively1.
CaM kinase II is very important to synaptogenesis and plasticity during brain development2. The P2X receptors are a family of ion channels that gated by ATP, a ligand that mediates wide critical physiologic functions. P2X7 receptor is responsible for mediating the release of proinflammatory cytokines in inflammatory/immune conditions and pain3.
KN-62 (#K-120) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor Antibody (#APR-004)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor-ATTO-550 Antibody (#APR-004-AO)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-008)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#APR-008-AG)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APR-008-F)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#APR-008-FR)
- HMA (#H-130)
- Chelerythrine chloride (#C-400)
- AZ11645373 (#A-395)
- AZ 10606120 dihydrochloride (#A-405)
- AACBA hydrochloride (#A-410)
- A-804598 (#A-415)
- A-740003 (#A-420)
- AZD-9056 hydrochloride (#A-425)
- A-839977 (#A-470)
- GW 791343 hydrochloride (#G-115)
- JNJ-47965567 (#J-115)
- JNJ-54166060 (#J-125)
- ZINC58368839 (#Z-135)
- ZINC9315614 (#Z-145)
- CAY10593 (VU0155069) (#C-385)
- Garcinolic acid (#G-155)
- BzATP triethylammonium salt (#A-385)