Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Zhang, Y. and Zhang, F. et al. (2019) Cell Biosci., 9, 99.
Centrifuge all products before use (10000 x, g 5 min). Avoid multiple freezing and thawing.
It is recommended to prepare fresh solutions in working buffers before use, or aliquot stock solutions reconstituted in distilled water and keep at -20°C. Upon use, dilute the stock solution in the desired working buffer. Prevent repeated thawing and freezing cycles.
- Alomone Labs KTX-Sp2 blocks KV1.3 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Representative time course of KTX-Sp2 (#STK-050) inhibition of normalized KV1.3 current. Membrane potential was held at -100 mV, current was elicited by a 100 ms voltage ramp to +60 mV every 10 sec, and significantly inhibited by 2 nM (green) and 20 nM (magenta) KTX-Sp2.
B. Superimposed traces of KV1.3 channel currents in the absence (control) and presence of 2 nM (green) and 20 nM (magenta) KTX-Sp2 (taken from the recording in A).
a-KTX 12 Sp2 (KTX-Sp2) is a 37 amino acid peptidyl toxin, which was originally screened and genetically engineered from the venom gland transcriptome database from the scorpion, Scorpiops Pocoki1. KTX-Sp2 effectively blocks the voltage-gated potassium (Kv) channel Kv1.3, and also weakly inhibits the Kv1.1 and Kv1.2 channels1. In a Jurkat T cell model system, KTX-Sp2 significantly reduced the levels of intracellular free calcium, inhibited cellular activation, and suppressed the release of the inflammatory cytokine interleukin (IL)-2, which exhibited a robust immunosuppressant effect1.
Kv channels play key roles in human physiology and pathology. The therapeutic targeting of KV1.3 with specific peptides and small molecule inhibitors shows great promise for treating various cancers and autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, type I diabetes mellitus, psoriasis, contact dermatitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and myasthenia gravis2,3,4. In addition, the Kv1.3 channel in T lymphocytes is a validated therapeutic target for diverse autoimmune diseases5 and Ktx-Sp2 robustly inhibits the autoimmune response1.
Widget not in any sidebars
Ktx-Sp2 (#STK-050) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (1097-1196) Antibody (#APC-021)
- Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (1184-1200) Antibody (#APC-107)
- Anti-KV1.2 (KCNA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-162)
- Anti-KV1.2 (KCNA2) Antibody (#APC-010)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#APC-101-B)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APC-101-F)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-PE Antibody (#APC-101-PE)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) Antibody (#APC-002)
- Guinea pig Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-005)
- Aa1 Toxin (#RTA-400)
- ADWX-1 (#STW-100)
- Agitoxin-1 (#STA-150)
- Agitoxin-2 (#STA-420)
- Agitoxin-2-Cys-TAMRA (#RTA-420-T)
- Charybdotoxin (#STC-325)
- Hemitoxin (#STH-500)
- Hongotoxin-1 (#STH-400)
- HsTx1 Toxin (#STH-300)
- Margatoxin (#STM-325)
- MCD peptide (#STM-250)
- OsK-1 Toxin (#STO-150)
- ShK (Stichodactyla Toxin) (#STS-400)
- Spinoxin (#STS-500)
- Tityustoxin-Kα-ATTO Fluor-594 (#STT-360-AR)
- Urotoxin (#STU-200)