Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Soluble in DMSO. It is recommended to prepare fresh solutions before use. Centrifuge all products before use (10000 x, g 5 min). Avoid multiple freezing and thawing.
- Alomone Labs L-701,324 inhibits NMDA (NR1+NR2A) receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Representative time course of NR1/NR2A currents, elicited by transient stimulations with 2
µM glutamate + 10 µM glycine every 50 sec, while membrane potential was held at -80 mV, and significantly inhibited by 5 nM L-701,324 (#L-195).
B. Superimposed current traces from the recording shown in A, following application of control and 5 nM L-701,324. Transient stimulation is indicated by an arrow.
Glutamate is a central excitatory neurotransmitter in the nervous system and his mediating signaling is important for basic neuron-to-neuron signaling and neuronal processes such as learning, memory and pain perception. N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor are the major subtype of glutamate receptors that participate in synaptic transmission. NMDA receptor consists of three different subunits termed GluN1-3. Activation of NMDA receptor carried out via interaction with glycine and glutamate1.
L-701,324 (7-chloro-4-hydroxy-3(3-phenoxy) phenylquinoline-2-(H)-on) is an effective NMDA antagonist that antagonizes the activity of the NMDA receptor by blocking its glycine binding site. It was found that L-701,324 when administered orally has an inhibitory effect on spreading depression (SD) initiations and propagation2. Moreover L-701,324 act as anticonvulsant and neuroprotective agent3. Recently it was shown that antidepressant effect of L-701,324 in mice IS mediated by elevating the hippocampal BDNF signaling cascade4.
Widget not in any sidebars
L-701,324 (#L-195) is a highly pure, synthetic and biologically active compound.
- Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001)
- Anti-NMDAR2A (GluN2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-002)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-003)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#AGC-003-AR)
- Anti-NMDAR2C (GRIN2C) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-018)
- Anti-NMDAR2D (GRIN2D) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-020)
- Anti-NMDAR3A (GRIN3A) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-030)
- Anti-NMDAR3B (GRIN3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-031)
- Guinea pig Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-046)
- (+)-MK 801 maleate (#M-230)
- (±)-CPP (#C-175)
- 5,7-Dichlorokynurenic acid monohydrate (#D-191)
- 7-Chlorokynurenic acid (#C-285)
- 7-Chlorokynurenic acid sodium salt (#C-286)
- Arcaine sulfate (#A-285)
- CGP-37849 (#C-325)
- CGS 19755 (#C-310)
- D-AP5 (#D-145)
- DL-AP5 (#D-140)
- DL-AP7 (#D-200)
- Kynurenic acid (#K-110)
- MPX-004 (#M-280)
- PEAQX tetrasodium hydrate (#P-255)
- QNZ 46 (#Q-270)
- Ro 25-6981 maleate (#R-180)