This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Kooyman, A.R. et al. (1994) Neuropharmacology. 33, 501.
- Alomone Labs Mirtazapine blocks 5-HT3A receptors expressed in HEK 293T cells.5-HT3A receptor currents were elicited with 10 µM 5-HT, delivered every 3 minutes. Mirtazapine (#M-130) was applied 30 seconds before stimulation at 10 nM, 100 nM and 1 µM as indicated and inhibited the 5-HT induced current in a dose-dependent and reversible manner.
Mirtazapine is a tetracyclic piperazinoazepine analogue of mianserin, an atypical antidepressant drug, approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe depression.
Mirtazapine has minimal effect on monoamine reuptake and is classified as a NaSSA (noradrenergic and specific serotonergic antidepressant). The drug exhibits potent antagonism of central α2-adrenergic autoreceptors and heteroreceptors and antagonism of both 5-HT2 and 5-HT3 receptors and high affinity antagonism at histamine H1 receptor thus, leads to enhanced norepinephrine and serotonin release1,2.
While the effectiveness of mirtazapine in treating depression appears to be more benefiting compared to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI), it does exhibit several side effects including sedation and drowsiness, dry mouth, increased appetite, weight gain and dizziness. Mirtazapine is sometimes used as an alternative agent if the first antidepressant started is ineffective1,3.
Mirtazipine (#M-130) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022)
- Anti-5HT1D Receptor (HTR1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-023)
- Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031)
- Anti-5HT2A Receptor (HTR2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-033)
- Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035)
- Anti-Histamine H1 Receptor (HRH1) Antibody (#AHR-001)
- m-Chlorophenylbiguanide hydrochloride (#M-160)
- 1-Phenylbiguanide hydrochloride (#P-190)
- SR 57227A (#S-155)
- 2-Methyl-5-hydroxytryptamine hydrochloride (#M-170)
- 5-HT3 Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-208)
- 5-HT3 Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-209)