This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Mine, Y. et al. (1997) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 283, 1000.
- Alomone Labs Mosapride citrate blocks 5-HT3A receptors expressed in HEK 293T cells.5-HT3A receptor currents were elicited with 10 µM 5-HT, delivered every 3 minutes. Mosapride citrate (#M-225) was applied 30 seconds before stimulation at 50, 100 and 330 µM as indicated and inhibited the 5-HT induced current in a dose dependent and reversible manner.
Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) is a monoamine neurotransmitter synthesized from the amino acid Tryptophan by the enzyme tryptophan-decarboxylase. The 5-HT3 channel is a ligand-gated ion channel receptor of the cys-loop channel family. It is a pentamer with five subunits surrounding a central channel1.
Mosapride citrate (Gasmotin citrate) is a synthetic, agonist of the 5-HT4 receptor with an IC50 of 113 nM and an antagonist of the 5-HT3 receptor and does not show significant activity at other 5-HT receptors. Mosapride has an effective concentration of 5-500 μM. Mosapride substantially enhances GI motility by stimulating 5-HT4 receptors in dogs. This effect is long lasting and mostly occurs in the animal’s upper GI and not in the colon. This is contrary to other gastro prokinetic drugs such as cisapride and zacopride that have a shorter half-life and a combined effect. in vitro, Mosapride is only a partial agonist of 5-HT receptors located in guinea pig distal colon and terminal ileum tissues. In addition, Mosapride causes a relaxation in rat thoracic esophageal muscularis mucosae treated with carbachol. In view of its different activity along the gut, Mosapride can be used to demonstrate and explore the existence of different types of 5-HT4 receptors in the GI2.
Mosapride citrate (#M-225) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022)
- Anti-5HT1D Receptor (HTR1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-023)
- Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031)
- Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-036)
- 1-Phenylbiguanide hydrochloride (#P-190)
- SR 57227A (#S-155)
- 2-Methyl-5-hydroxytryptamine hydrochloride (#M-170)
- Mirtazapine (#M-130)
- 5-HT3 Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-208)
- 5-HT3 Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-209)