Alomone Labs is pleased to offer the nAChRβ Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-232). This Explorer Kit includes antibodies targeting nAChRβ along with their respective peptide control antigen. An ideal tool for screening purposes.
|Product Name||Cat #||Size|
|ANC-011||1 x 50 µl|
|ANC-012||1 x 50 µl|
|ANC-013||1 x 50 µl|
|ANC-014||1 x 50 µl|
Acetylcholine, released by cholinergic neurons, activates two groups of acetylcholine receptors (AChRs); muscarinic AChRs (mAChRs) which belong to the superfamily of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) and nicotinic AChRs (nAChRs) which belong to the ligand-gated ion channel superfamily. nAChRs also respond to nicotine, hence their name1.
To date, 17 different but related subunits of nAChRs have been identified and cloned. They consist of α subunits (α1-10), which is responsible for the binding of ligands. In fact, this subunit includes a Cys-loop in the first extracellular domain that is required for agonist binding2. The other subunits responsible for making up the active receptor are the β (β1-4), γ, δ and ε subunits3. Structurally, all subunits have the following: a conserved large extracellular N-terminal domain, 3 conserved transmembrane domains, a variable cytoplasmic loop and a fourth transmembrane domain with a short extracellular C-terminal domain. An active nAChR is generally a heteropentamer (homopentamers also exist) of these various subunits organized around a central pore1.
- α-Bungarotoxin (#B-100)
- αA-Conotoxin OIVA (#STC-520)
- α-Conotoxin AuIB (#STC-310)
- α-Conotoxin LtIA (#STC-550)
- Muscle Specific nAChR Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-207)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β2 (CHRNB2) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ANC-012-AR)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β4 (CHRNB4) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ANC-014-AR)
- nAChRα Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-231)
- nAChR Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-203)
- nAChR Agonist Explorer Kit (#EK-204)
- nAChR Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-205)
- nAChR Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-202)