Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Nicardipine HCl blocks L-type Ca2+ currents in Xenopus oocytes.Superimposed current traces of L-type channels (CaV1.2+α2δ1+β1a), before and during applications of 1, 10 and 100 μM Nicardipine HCl (#N-125) as indicated on the left. Holding potential was -100 mV and currents were elicited every 10 seconds by 100 ms steps to +10 mV.
- Haller, H. (2008) Int. J. Clin. Practice 62, 781.
- Hockerman, G.H. et al. (1997) Ann. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 37, 361.
- Ishikawa, T. et al. (1993) Circ. Res. 73, 1128.
- Sorkin, E.M. and Clissold, S. P. (1987) Drugs 33, 296.
- Furukawa, T. et al. (2005) J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol. 45, 241.
- Quignard, J.F. et al. (1997) J. Clin. Invest. 99, 185.
- Goto, K. et al. (1989) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 86, 3915.
L-type (CaV1), voltage-gated Ca2+ channels are plasma membrane protein complexes which allow the passage of Ca2+ ions into cells following depolarization of the membrane potential. L-type channels are widely expressed in cardiac and smooth muscle in which they control contraction and therefore were recognized as a therapeutic target for cardiovascular diseases1,2. Dihydropyridines (DHP) are molecules that act as allosteric modulators of L-type channels and many are used in the clinic to treat hypertension2.
Nicardipine HCl is a dihydropyridine that acts as L-type, voltage-gated Ca2+ channel blocker and is used in the clinic to treat hypertension3,4. Nicardipine inhibits L- and T-type CaV channels with similar potency5. In human coronary myocytes, nicardipine inhibited the Ca2+ currents with an IC50 of ~2 µM6, While in porcine coronary artery strips 2 nM nicardipine were effective in inhibiting the constrictive response to of this muscle to endothelin7.
Nicardipine HCl (#N-125) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- (R)(+)-Bay K8644 (#B-352)
- Benidipine hydrochloride (#B-120)
- L-651,582 (#L-110)
- L-Ascorbic acid (#L-140)
- Anti-CaV1.1 (CACNA1S) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-314)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#ACC-005)
- Anti-CACNA1G (CaV3.1) Antibody (#ACC-021)
- Anti-CaV3.2 (CACNA1H) Antibody (#ACC-025)
- Anti-CaV3.3 (CACNA1I) Antibody (#ACC-009)
- L-Type CaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-103)
- T-Type CaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-111)
- L-Type CaV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-215)
- Non-L-Type CaV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-216)
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-100)
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-100)
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-100)
- T-Type CaV Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-101)
- T-Type CaV Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-101)
- T-Type CaV Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-101)