This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Nausch, B. et al. (2014) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 350, 520.
- Alomone Labs NS19504 enhances KCa1.1 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of KCa1.1 channel activity at 55 mV demonstrating the effect of 10 and 50 μM NS19504 (#N-235). B. Representative current traces under control conditions and following application of 10 and 50 μM NS19504. Currents were elicited by a 100 ms voltage ramp from -80 to 80 mV every 10 seconds from a holding potential of -100 mV (current responses are shown between -40 and 80 mV).
NS19504 is a potent and selective activator of the large-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channel, BKCa (KCa1.1). It activates heterologously expressed and native BK channels in a concentration-dependent manner with an EC50 value of 11.0 ± 1.4 µM1.
Several researches have indicated that NS19504 could reduce nonvoiding contractions associated with spontaneous bladder overactivity while having a minimal effect on voluntary bladder emptying.
BKCa channels are important regulators of urinary bladder function and may be used as an attractive therapeutic target in bladder disorders1.
The large conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels play a role in controlling the cell volume, they affect the driving force for Ca2+ influx and thus exert a secondary control on cell migration through regulation of Ca2+ signals by modulating the membrane potential2.
NS19504 (#N-235) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Activators/Agonists: small molecules
- Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (1097-1196) Antibody (#APC-021)
- Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (1184-1200) Antibody (#APC-107)
- Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-151)
- Anti-sloβ4 (KCNMB4) Antibody (#APC-061)
- Anti-sloβ3 (KCNMB3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-068)
- Anti-sloβ2 (KCNMB2) Antibody (#APC-034)
- Anti-sloβ1 (KCNMB1) Antibody (#APC-036)
- BKCa Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-217)
- KCa Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-101)
- Paxilline (#P-450)
- Isopimaric Acid (#I-370)
- Pimaric Acid (#P-270)
- Penitrem A (#P-650)
- NS-1619 (#N-105)
- Charybdotoxin (#STC-325)
- Iberiotoxin (#STI-400)
- Tanshinone II-A sodium sulfonate (#T-165)
- KCa1.1 Channel Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-132)
- KCa Channel Opener Explorer Kit (#EK-201)