This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Chu, C.J. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 136333.
- Alomone Labs OLDA activates TRPV1 channels heterologously expressed in C-6 cells.Cells were loaded with Fluo-3AM and changes in intracellular Ca2+ were detected. Normalized fluorescence before (control) and after application, at 20 seconds (arrow), of 1-100 µM OLDA (#O-120), (as indicated).
- 1. Zajac, D. et al. (2006) J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 57, 403.
- 2. Zhong, B. et al. (2008) Am. J. Physiol. 295, H728.
- 3. Walker, J.M. et al. (2005) Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 77, 35.
- 4. Chu C.J. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 13633.
- 5. Konieczny, J. et al. (2009) Int. J. Immunopathol. Pharmacol. 22, 21.
OLDA is an amide of dopamine (DA) and oleic acid. It is a member of the family of N-acyl-dopamines that are recognized as novel biologically active lipid derivatives of dopamine1.
The transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) channel is a nonselective cation channel mainly expressed in primary sensory neurons and sensory C- and A- fibers. TRPV1 can be activated by physical and chemical stimuli, including noxious heat, protons, vanilloid compounds or endogenous arachidonic acid derivatives such as N-oleoyldopamine (OLDA)2.
OLDA has been found in striatal, dorsal spinal cord, and dorsal root ganglia3 and identified as the most selective and potent endogenous TRPV1 activator so far with EC values of 36 nM4. OLDA is increasingly recognized as an important class of signaling molecules affecting pain, inflammation, and tissue injury3. Recent studies have shown that OLDA could have a potential role in treating DA-related disorders, such as Parkinson's disease (PD)5.
OLDA (#O-120) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029)
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- TRPV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-211)
- Capsaicin (#C-125)
- 5′-Iodoresiniferatoxin (#I-800)
- 6′-Iodoresiniferatoxin (#I-805)
- Resiniferatoxin (#R-400)
- Olvanil (#O-115)
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-029-AG)