Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Olmesartan inhibits the activation of Angiotensin AT1R expressed in CHO-K1-mt Aequorin-Gα16 cells.Dose response curve for the inhibition of AT1R expressed in CHO-K1-mt Aequorin-Gα16 cells. Ca2+ response, as detected by elevation in aequorin derived fluorescence following 0.04 nM Angiotensin II application, was inhibited by increasing concentrations of Olmesartan (#O-125). 1 µM Olmesartan fully inhibited the activation by Angiotensin II.
Angiotensin II is responsible for vasoconstriction in the renin-angiotensin system. In addition to its direct effect on blood vessels, it stimulates the synthesis and release of aldosterone and also promotes renal tubular reabsorption of sodium, resulting in water retention1.
Olmesartan (also known as CS-866) is a synthetic antagonist of the Angiotensin II type 1 receptor. It has an effective concentration of 1 nM – 1 μM and an IC50 of 7.7 nM for bovine adrenal cortical membranes. After administration, Olmesartan is rapidly de-esterified within the gastrointestinal tract to form RNH-6270, a competitive Angiotensin receptor antagonist with high affinity for the receptor. The P-450 enzyme system is not involved in the conversion of CS-866 to its active metabolite. It has been shown that Olmesartan’s pharmacokinetics is suitable for administration once a day. The half-life of the drug is approximately 13 hours which places Olmesartan in the mid-range in terms of half-life compared with other Angiotensin antagonists. Olmesartan induces a beneficial anti-hypertensive effect about two weeks after the beginning of therapy. It is effective in patients of all age groups causing a mean blood pressure reduction of 12 mm Hg in DBP and 15 mm Hg in SBP when administered at a dosage of 20 mg2.
Olmesartan (#O-125) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AAR-011)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-1 (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-550 Antibody (#AAR-011-AO)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-2 (extracellular) Antibody (#AAR-012)
- Anti-Angiotensin II Receptor Type-2 (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AAR-012-AG)
- Anti-Angiotensin-(1-7) Mas Receptor Antibody (#AAR-013)
- Guinea pig Anti-Angiotensin-(1-7) Mas Receptor Antibody (#AGP-099)
- Angiotensin II (#GPA-100)
- Angiotensin III (#GPA-130)
- Eprosartan mesylate (#E-145)
- Azilsartan (#A-245)