Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Fry, D. et al. (1994) Science 2665, 1093.
- Alomone Labs PD 153035 inhibits EGF receptor activation in 3T3-L1 cells.Cells were serum starved for 3 h and preincubated with different concentrations of PD 153035 (#P-360) for 2 h. The cells were then stimulated with 200 ng/ml EGF for 10 minutes. Cell proteins were resolved by SDS-PAGE and probed with anti-phospho-EGFr (upper panel) and with anti-phospho ERK1/2 (lower panel).
- Fry, D.W. et al. (1994) Science 265, 1093.
- Kunkel, M.W. et al. (1996) Invest. New Drugs 13, 295.
- Bridges, A.J. et al. (1996) J. Med. Chem. 39, 267.
- Bos, M. et al. (1997) Clin. Cancer Res. 3, 2099.
- Goossens, J.F. et al. (2001) Biochemistry 40, 4663.
- Faust, R.A. et al. (1999) Oral Oncol. 35 290.
- Kunkel, M.W. et al. (1996) Invest New Drugs, 13. 295.
- Fredriksson, A. et al. (1999) Life Sci. 65, 165.
PD 153035 is a small molecule derived from brominated anilinoquinazoline which inhibits tyrosine kinase activity of the EGFR by competition at the ATP binding site. PD 153035 is a highly potent inhibitor for auto and hetro tyrosine kinase activity of EGF receptor (ERB2) at sub nM concentrations and inhibits other purified tyrosine kinases only at micromolar or higher concentrations.1-3
PD 153053 abolished all growth effects mediated by the addition of exogenous EGF in a receptor number-dependent manner and shows a remarkable apoptotic and cytotoxic activity against several types of tumor cell lines that overexpress the EGF receptor in vitro and in vivo .4-8
PD 153035 (#P-360) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.