Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Dudley, D.T. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 92, 7686.
Protect from light.
- Alomone Labs PD 98059 inhibits P42/44 MAPK (ERK) phosphorylation via MEK in C6 glioma cells.Cells were grown to 70% confluence and serum starved for 1.5 h. The cells were then incubated for 2 h with various concentrations of PD 98059 (#P-260) and stimulated with 7 ng/ml PDGF-AA. Cell proteins were resolved by SDS-PAGE and probed with anti-phospho-P42/44 (upper panel) and with anti-P42/44 (lower panel) antibodies. Inhibition of P42/44 phosphorylation by PD 98059 was dose-dependent.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 27489.
- Dudley, D.T. et al. (1995) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 92, 7686.
- Pang, L. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 13585.
- Yamaguchi, K. et al. (2002) J. Ophthalmol. 46, 634.
- Sjogreen, B. et al. (2000) Neuroscience 100, 407.
- Coogan, A.N. et al. (1999) J. Neurophysiol. 81, 103.
- English, J. D. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 19103.
- Guyton, K.Z. et al. (1996) Cancer Res. 56, 3480.
- Cook, S.J. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 13309.
- Reiners, J.J. Jr. et al. (1998) Mol. Pharmacol. 53, 438.
PD 98059 is a synthetic flavonoid and a potent inhibitor of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by inhibiting its immediate upstream activator, mitogen activated protein kinase kinase (also known as MEK or MKK1).1-3
PD 98059 arrests cell cycle progression of some rat cultured cells at the G0/G1 phase and blocks nerve growth factor stimulated axonal outgrowth from adult mouse dorsal root ganglia in vitro,4-5 and blocks induction of LTP in the brain areas.6-7
PD 98059 is also an equipotent antagonist of aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) stimulated by TCDD in MCF10A cells. 8-10
PD 98059 (#P-260) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.