This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
The activity of this product has been verified and approved by our professional team.
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
Picrotoxin (PTX) is a plant-derived alkaloid that originally showed to be a noncompetitive antagonist of GABA(A) receptors. Later it was discovered that picrotoxin inhibits other anion-selective ligand-gated anion channels including glycine and 5-hydroxytryptamine type 3 (5-HT3) receptors. Inhibition by picrotoxin is likely in a noncompetitive, use-facilitated manner through binding to the channel pore of the receptor1,2.
5-HT3 receptor is a member of the cys-loop superfamily of ligand-gated ion channels (LGICs) that includes nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, GABAA, glycine receptors, glutamate and purinergic receptors1,2.
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer Picrotoxin (#P-325).
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) (#AGA-001)
- Guinea pig Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) (#AGP-083)
- Anti-GABA(A) α2 Receptor (#AGA-002)
- Anti-5-Hydroxytryptamine Receptor 3B (extracellular) (#ASR-032)
- Anti-Glycine Receptor α1 (#AGR-001)
- Anti-Glycine Receptor α3 (#AGR-003)
- (+)-Bicuculline (#B-135)
- γ-Aminobutyric acid (#G-110)
- Bilobalide (#B-145)
- Flumazenil (#F-145)
- Ganaxolone (#G-120)