This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Franckowiak, G. et al. (1985) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 114, 223.
Alomone Labs (R)(+)-Bay K8644 inhibits L-type CaV channels heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of CaV1.2 (co expressed with α2δ1 and β1 auxiliary subunits) peak current amplitude, elicited by 100ms voltage ramp from holding potential of -100mV to +50mV, delivered every 10 seconds. Application of 1, 10 and 100 µM (R)(+)-BayK8644 (#B-352) inhibits the CaV1.2 current (indicated by the horizontal bar). B. Representative current traces before and during application of 1, 10 and 100 µM (R)(+)-BayK8644 as indicated.
- Wei, X.Y. et al. (1986) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 239, 144.
The L-type Ca2+ channels possess binding sites for at least three distinct organic drug types: dihydropyridines (DHP), phenylalkylamines (PAA), and benzothiazepines (BTZ). These binding sites are known to reside in the α1 subunit of the channel. (R)(+)-Bay K8644 is a DHP L-type Ca2+-channel blocker with negative inotropic and vasodilatatory effects in vivo. (R)(+)-Bay K8644 shows opposite effects to (S)(-)-Bay K8644. The action of the of (R)(+)-Bay K8644 was studied in rat tail artery and guinea pig ileal longitudinal smooth muscle using pharmacologic and radioligand binding assays. (R)(+)-Bay K8644 inhibited the responses to KCI-induced depolarization with IC50 values of 16.1-25.6 nM1.
(R)(+)-Bay K8644 (#B-352) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- (±)-Bay K8644 (#B-350)
- (S)(-)-Bay K8644 (#B-351)
- Anti-CaV1.1 (CACNA1S) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-314)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#AGP-001)
- Anti-CaV1.2a (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-013)
- Anti-Human CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-022)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#ACC-005)
- L-Type CaV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-215)
- L-Type CaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-103)