Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Traynelis, S.F. et al. (2010) Pharmacol. Rev. 62, 405.
- Alomone Labs (RS)-AMPA activates GluA1 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Time course of current reversible activation by 1, 10 and 100 μM (RS)-AMPA (#A-265) followed by glutamate elicited currents (100 μM, holding potential -80 mV), for comparison.
- Howes, J.F. and Bell, C. (2007) Neurotherapeutics 4, 126.
Glutamate is the main excitatory neurotransmitter in the CNS. It is also involved in a variety of pathological conditions including epilepsy. Glutamate binds to a number of different receptor types such as the AMPA, kainate and NMDA receptors that relay its excitatory activity.
(RS)-AMPA is a synthetic AMPA receptor agonist. It has an effective concentration of 0.1-100 µM. RS-AMPA selectively binds to AMPA receptors over the other types of glutamate receptors. RS-AMPA was found to elicit feeding behavior in a rat model while RS-AMPA’s enantiomer did not produce similar results1.
(RS)-AMPA (#A-265) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-004)
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#AGC-004-AR)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-005)
- Guinea pig Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-005-GP (formerly AGP-073))
- Anti-GluR3 (GluA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-010)
- Guinea pig Anti-GluR3 (GluA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-010-GP (formerly AGP-142))
- Anti-GluR4 (GluA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-019)