Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Barnes, N.M. et al. (1999) Neuropharmacology 38, 1083.
- Alomone Labs Serotonin hydrochloride activates 5-HT3A receptors expressed in HEK 293T cells.5-HT3A receptor currents were elicited by 1 or 10 µM Serotonin hydrochloride (#S-165), as indicated. 0.1 µM failed to activate currents here.
Serotonin is the endogenous agonist of 5-HT receptors and the endogenous substrate for the synthesis of a number of molecules, such as melatonin, formyl5hydroxykynurenamine, and 5hydroxyindoleacetic acid.
Serotonin (5HT), also known as 5hydroxytryptamine is a monoamine derived from tryptophan. Primarily, serotonin can be found in the gastrointestinal tract, blood platelets, and the central nervous system (CNS)1. Only 2% of serotonin is present in the CNS where it plays an important role in the etiology of many mental disorders. 5-HT also plays an important role in regulating mood and social behavior, appetite, sleep, pain, bone density, tissue regeneration, platelet aggregation, gastrointestinal function, memory and sexual desire and function1,2. In addition, serotonin affects the immune, gastrointestinal and nervous systems in a paracrine, endocrine, and juxtacrine manner2.
An extensive use or overdose of serotonergic drugs can lead to a rare life threatening syndrome called serotonin syndrome that includes mental status changes, neuromuscular abnormalities and autonomic hyperactivity3.
Serotonin hydrochloride (#S-165) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022)
- Anti-5HT1D Receptor (HTR1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-023)
- Anti-5HT2A Receptor (HTR2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-033)
- Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031)
- Anti-5HT3B Receptor (HTR3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-032)
- Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035)
- Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-036)
- Anti-Serotonin Transporter (SERT) (extracellular) Antibody (#AMT-004)
- Anti-VMAT2 Antibody (#AMT-006)
- Anti-VMAT2-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AMT-006-AG)
- Tropisetron hydrochloride (#T-125)
- Azasetron hydrochloride (#Y-100)
- SDZ 205-557 hydrochloride (#S-145)
- VUF 10166 (#V-115)
- 3-AQC (#A-205)
- Zacopride hydrochloride (#Z-110)
- Talipexole dihydrochloride (#B-140)
- m-Chlorophenylbiguanide hydrochloride (#M-160)
- 5-HT3 Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-208)
- 5-HT3 Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-209)