Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Binding of Stichodactyla Toxin-ATTO Fluor-590 to Purkinje cells in the rat cerebellum.Lightly-fixed floating rat brain sections were labeled with Stichodactyla Toxin-ATTO Fluor-590 (#STS-400-AR), (100 nM). A. Staining of Purkinje cells in the cerebellum (arrows). B. Staining of neurons in the deep cerebellar nuclei (arrows). DAPI is used as the counterstain (blue).
- Alomone Labs Stichodactyla Toxin-ATTO Fluor-590 blocks KV1.3 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Representative time course of Stichodactyla Toxin-ATTO Fluor-590 (#STS-400-AR) inhibition of KV1.3 current. Membrane potential was held at -100 mV, current was elicited by a 100 ms voltage ramp to +60 mV every 10 sec, and significantly inhibited by 10 nM Stichodactyla Toxin-ATTO Fluor-590 (green). B. Superimposed traces of KV1.3 current after application of control (black) and of 10 nM Stichodactyla Toxin-ATTO Fluor-590 (green), taken from the recording in A.
ShK (Stichodactyla Toxin) is a peptide toxin originally isolated from the nematocyst of the sea anemone Stichodactyla helianthus1.
ShK blocks KV1.3, KV1.1, KV1.4, and KV1.6 at subnanomolar concentrations and KV3.2 channels at 1000-fold higher concentration than that required to inhibit KV1.3 channels. It has been shown to block KV current in DRG neurons, to displace radioactive Dendrotoxin from brain synaptosomes1 and inhibit I125-Charybdotoxin binding to Jurkat T lymphocytes with an IC50 of 32 pM2,4.
Evidence also suggests that native KV currents in the central nervous system, which are predominantly carried by KV1.2 channels, are highly sensitive to this toxin5.
A fluorescently labeled synthetic ShK is used to recognize and to sort KV1.3 containing lymphocytes4,6.
Stichodactyla Toxin-ATTO Fluor-590 (#STS-400-AR) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin conjugated to ATTO-590 fluorescent dye.
Benefits of Stichodactyla Toxin-ATTO Fluor-590:
✓ Localization and distribution
✓ Clustering and internalization kinetics
✓ Live cell imaging
✓ Single cell detection
✓ Binding kinetics
We gladly take on collaboration projects. Please Contact Us.
- Anti-KV1.1 (KCNA1) Antibody (#APC-009)
- Anti-KV1.1 (KCNA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-161)
- Anti-KV1.1 (KCNA1) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#APC-161-AR)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) Antibody (#APC-002)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APC-101-F)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-PE Antibody (#APC-101-PE)
- Guinea pig Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101-GP)
- Anti-KV1.6 (KCNA6) Antibody (#APC-003)
Explorer kits & Research packs
- KV1.2 (KCNA2) Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-500)
- KV1.2 (KCNA2) Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-500)
- KV1.2 (KCNA2) Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-500)
- KV1.3 (KCNA3) Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-501)
- KV1.3 (KCNA3) Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-501)
- KV1.3 (KCNA3) Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-501)