This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
The activity of this product has been verified and approved by our professional team.
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
Up to two weeks at 4°C or six months at -20°C.
Protect from light.
- Favata, M.F. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 18623.
- Lockman, K. et al. (2004 ) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 42422.
- Cirillo, P. et al. (2004) Circulation 109, 2911.
- Duncia, J.V. et al. (1998) Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 8, 2839.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2004) Blood 104, 1679.
- Ninomiya, Y. et al. (2004) Cancer Res. 64, 2759.
- Sharma, PM. et al. (2005) Mol Endocrinol. 19, 421.
- Ichiki, T. et al. (2004) Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 323, 402.
- MacCormick, M. et al. (2005) Biochem J. 387, 155.
- Fukazawa, H. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 2104.
U0126 is a chemically synthesized organic compound that was initially recognized as a cellular AP-1 antagonist, and found to be a very selective and highly potent inhibitor of Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase (MAPK) cascade by inhibiting its immediate upstream activators, Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase Kinase 1and 2 (also known as MEK1 and MEK2, IC50: 70 and 60 nM respectively). U0126 inhibits both active and inactive MEK1,2, unlike PD098059 which only inhibits activation of inactive MEK (1,2). Blockade of MEK activation would prevent downstream phosphorylation of a number of factors including p62TCF (Elk-1), an upstream inducer of c-Fos and c-Jun, components of the AP-1 complex.1-4
Inhibition of MEK/ERK pathway by U0126 also prevents all effects of oncogenic H-Ras and K-Ras, inhibits part of the effects triggered by growth factors and blocks the production of inflammatory cytokines and matrix metalloproteinases.5- 11
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer U0126 (#U-400), a purified synthetic compound.