Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Up to 200 mM in DMSO. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (5,000 x g for 1 min).
- Alomone Labs Valerenic acid activates GABAA receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes.
- Alomone Labs Valerenic acid potentiates GABAA receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes.
Valerenic acid was first isolated in 1957 from the rhizome and roots of valerian (Valeriana offi-cinalis). Valerian is one of the oldest medicinal herbs in folk medicine and has been used for various afflictions like insomnia, anxiety, and pain. Valerenic acid was found to be pharmacologically active monoterpene acting through binding to the GABAA receptor1.
Valerenic acid acts as an anti-inflammatory agent by inhibiting the transcription of NF-κB, one essential transcription factor controlling the expression of numerous inflammation-related genes. In addition, evidence suggests that Valerenic acid acts as an agonist for 5-HT receptors (serotonin receptors), which are G-coupled receptors that mediates neuronal activity via regulating cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) levels2.
In-vivo studies that conducted on xenograft glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) mice models shown that Valerenic acid induce cell death of GBM cells by inducing AMPK activation. Therefore, Valerenic acid may serve as a potential anti-tumor agent towards GBM patients3.
Valerenic acid (#V-140) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AGA-001-AG)
- Anti-GABA(A) β1 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-010)
- Anti-GABA(A) β3 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-013)
- Guinea pig Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001-GP)
- (+)-Bicuculline (#B-135)
- (-)-Bicuculline methiodide (#B-136)
- (-)-Bicuculline methochloride (#B-137)
- Bilobalide (#B-145)
- Etbicyphat (#E-175)
- GABA(A)-Compound 1b (#CMG-004)
- Gabazine hydrobromide (#G-216)
- Oroxylin A (#O-160)
- Picrotoxin (#P-325)
- Tracazolate hydrochloride (#T-230)
- U 93631 (#U-120)
- α-Asarone (#A-260)