Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Protect from light.
- Alomone Labs Zaleplon inhibits specific binding of Flunitrazepam to rat brain GABA(A) receptors.Percent inhibition of specific binding of 1 nM [3H]Flunitrazepam to membranes from whole rat brain (except cerebellum) was plotted against concentrations of Zaleplon (#Z-140), (green circles) and of Diazepam (assay standard, black squares) and used to calculate IC50 and Ki values for Zaleplon (IC50 ≈ 0.55 μM, and Ki ≈ 0.45 μM).
- Olsen, R.W. and Tobin, A.J. (1990) FASEB J. 4, 1469.
- Sanna, E. et al. (2003) J. Neurosci. 23, 11711.
- Noguchi, H. et al. (2002) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 434, 21.
- Weitzel, K.W. et al. (2000) Clin. Therap. 22, 1254.
- Rosen, A.S. et al. (1999) Biopharm. Drug Dispos. 20, 171.
- Ancoli-Israel, S. et al. (1999) Prim. Care. Companion. J. Clin. Psychiatry. 1, 114.
The GABA(A) receptor is a ligand-gated ion channel and is the major type of receptor for the GABA inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system1.
Zaleplon (also known as Sonata, Zerene) is a synthetic non benzodiazepine (BZD) pyrazolopyrimidine agonist at the BZD site of the GABA(A) receptor. Zaleplon potentiates GABA induced chloride currents at submicromolar concentrations2 and displaces Flunitrazepam from rat cerebellum and spinal cord membranes with IC50 values of 167 nM and 2.38 µM respectively3. Zaleplon is widely used for the treatment of insomnia and has been shown to improve sleep variables compared to placebo. Like most hypnotic drugs, Zaleplon can be used for problems of sleep initiation at the beginning of the night but its shorter half-life (1.05±0.13h) enables patients to take it later in the night without residual effects the next morning4. Zaleplon is rapidly absorbed after oral administration and has an absolute bioavailability of 30.6±10.2%5. The most common adverse effects attributed to Zaleplon are headache, pain, somnolence and rhinitis. There is not difference between Zaleplon and placebo treatment in CNS adverse events6.
Zaleplon (#Z-140) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AGA-001-AG)
- Anti-GABA(A) α2 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-002)
- Anti-GABA(A) α3 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-003)
- Anti-GABA(A) α6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-004)
- GABA(A) Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-229)
- α-Asarone (#A-260)
- (+)-Bicuculline (#B-135)
- Bilobalide (#B-145)
- α-Bungarotoxin (#B-100)
- GABA(A) Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-360)
- Zolpidem (#Z-100)
- Muscimol hydrobromide (#M-240)
- Chlormethiazole hydrochloride (#C-360)