- Peptide (C)RKEDLEPPAQDQE, corresponding to amino acid residues 96 - 108 of rat γ-Synuclein (Accession O76070). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysates (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain lysates (lanes 2 and 4):1, 2. Anti-Gamma-Synuclein Antibody (#APZ-037), (1:200).
3, 4. Anti-Gamma-Synuclein Antibody, preincubated with Gamma-Synuclein Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PZ037).
- Expression of Gamma-Synuclein in rat hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-Gamma-Synuclein Antibody (#APZ-037), (1:200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. Gamma-Synuclein immunoreactivity (green) appears in blood vessels (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with Gamma-Synuclein Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PZ037), suppresses staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue). G = granule layer.
γ-synuclein is a 127 amino acids protein that belongs to the synuclein family of proteins. Synucleins are natively unfolded proteins, i.e. they have no secondary or tertiary structure in solution and hence these proteins are heat stable. The unusual biophysical properties of synucleins are rooted in their characteristic primary sequence that includes a highly conserved N-terminal domain with an 11- residue repeat and a less conserved acidic C-terminal domain that contains many proline residues1.
Mammalian γ-synuclein, encoded by BCSG1 (breast cancer specific gene 1), was discovered in a screen for breast cancer markers2. It is expressed in the peripheral nervous system in primary sensory neurons, sympathetic neurons, and motor neurons. It is also detected in the brain3, olfactory epithelium and breast/ovarian tumors4. Indeed, exogenous expression of this protein increases the invasive and metastatic potential of breast tumors5.
The roles of synucleins are not fully elucidated but this group of conserved and unusual proteins contributes to diverse disease processes spanning neurodegenerative disease and cancer and hence, studying the synucleins specific cellular activity is very tempting and promising.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Gamma-Synuclein Antibody (#APZ-037) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. It can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize γ-Synuclein from mouse and rat samples. The antibody will not recognize the protein from human samples.
- Anti-Alpha-Synuclein Antibody (#APZ-035)
- Anti-Beta-Synuclein Antibody (#APZ-036)
- Anti-D1 Dopamine Receptor Antibody (#ADR-001)
- Anti-D2 Dopamine Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#ADR-002)
- Anti-D2 Dopamine Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ADR-002-F)
- Guinea pig Anti-D1 Dopamine Receptor Antibody (#ADR-001-GP (formerly AGP-100))