This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)RTNNRTSPRDN, corresponding to amino acid residues 395-405 of human TRPV6 (Accession Q9H1D0). 1st extracellular loop.
Slight possibility, if any, for some cross reactivity with human TRPV5.
- Western blot analysis of human prostate carcinoma cell lines (LNCaP, DU145, PC-3) lysates:1-3. Anti-Human TRPV6 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-028), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-Human TRPV6 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of TRPV6 in human LNCaP cellsCell surface detection of TRPV6 in intact living human prostate carcinoma (LNCaP) cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-Human TRPV6 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-028), (1:50), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488 secondary antibody (green). B. Merge images of A with live view of the cells.
- 1. Montell, C. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. 9, 229.
- 2. Clapham, D.E. (2003) Nature 426, 517.
- 3. Moran, M.M. et al. (2004) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 14, 362.
- 4. Clapham, D.E. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 591.
- 5. Gunthorpe, M.J. et al. (2002) Trends. Pharmacol. Sci. 23, 183.
- 6. Hoenderop, J.G. et al. (2003) Pflugers. Arch. 446, 304.
- 7. Peng, J.B. et al. (2003) J. Physiol. 551, 729.
- 8. Fixemer, T. et al. (2003) Oncogene 22, 7858.
- 9. Wissenbach, U. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 19461.
TRP channels are a large family (about 28 genes) of plasma membrane, non-selective cationic channels that are either specifically or ubiquitously expressed in excitable and non-excitable cells.1 According to IUPHAR the TRP family comprises of three main subfamilies on the basis of sequence homology; TRPC, TRPM and TRPV (to date, three extra subfamilies are considered to belong to the TRP family; the TRPA, TRPML, and TRPP).1-4 The TRPV subfamily consists of six members, TRPV1-6.5
TRPV6 (CaT1) and TRPV5 (ECaC) are unique members of the TRP family. Both are epithelial calcium channels, form constitutively open channels, share high degree of homology (about 66%) with differences in the N and C-terminus. TRPV6 and TRPV5 are expressed in a 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 dependent manner. In contrast to other members of the TRP family, TRPV6 and TRPV5 are highly Ca2+ selective and are expressed in Ca2+ transporting epithelia where they are assumed to have an important role in Ca2+ reabsorption. TRPV6 is highly expressed in the placenta, small intestine and kidney.6,7
While not being expressed in benign prostate tissue, TRPV6 was found to be upregulated in prostate cancer tissue and correlation between expression and tumor grade was shown. Finally, TRPV6 was suggested as prognostic marker and as a promising candidate for therapeutic strategies.8,9
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human TRPV6 channel. Anti-Human TRPV6 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-028) can be used in western blot and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize TRPV6 from human samples. The antibody is unlikely to recognize the channel from rat and mouse samples. In addition, there is a slight possibility, if any, for some cross-reactivity with human TRPV5.