- Peptide CPEFLDLEKSKLKSKE, corresponding to amino acid residues 1108-1123 of rat KV11.3 (erg3) (Accession O54852). Intracellular, C-terminal part.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate:1. Anti-KCNH7 (erg3) Antibody (#APC-112), (1:300).
2. Anti-KCNH7 (erg3) Antibody, preincubated with KCNH7/erg3 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PC112).
- Expression of KV11.3 (erg3) in rat cerebellumImmunohistochemical staining of rat cerebellum using Anti-KCNH7 (erg3) Antibody (#APC-112). A. KV11.3 channel appears in glial processes (red). B. Staining of astrocytic fibers with mouse anti-glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP, green). C. Confocal merge of KV11.3 channel and GFAP demonstrates colocalization in the molecular layer but separate localization of these proteins at the Purkinje cell layer.
- Mouse vomeronasal organ (VNO) (1:250) (Hagendorf, S. et al. (2009) J. Neurosci. 29, 206.).
- Rat INS-1 cells (1:50) (Muhlbauer, E. et al. (2007) Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 64, 768.).
KV11.3 (erg3) is a member of the ether-a-go-go (EAG) subfamily of voltage-dependent K+ channels. The erg subfamily includes the closely related proteins KV11.1 (erg1) and KV11.2 (erg2) that possess the signature structure of the voltage-dependent K+ channels: six membrane-spanning domains with intracellular N- and C-termini. As with all voltage-dependent K+ channels, the functional channel is a tetramer composed of four subunits. It has been suggested that the KV11 subfamily members can form functional heteromultimers within the subfamily.
The current of the KV11.1 and KV11.2 channels is that of a strong inward rectifier with slow activating kinetics. The KV11.3 channel has different biophysical properties: it is a weak inward rectifier that is activated at negative potentials and has rapid activating kinetics.
KV11.3 expression is believed to be concentrated mainly in the brain with the stronger expression detected in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus.
Currently, there is not much pharmacological information concerning KV11.3 modulation, but the channel has been shown to be inhibited (as are all KV11 subfamily members) by the anti-arrhythmic E-4031 as well as by the anti-psychotic drugs sertindole and pimozide.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer Anti-KCNH7 (erg3) Antibody (#APC-112) that is directed against a highly conserved epitope of the rat KV11.3 channel. The antibody will also react with human and mouse samples. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry applications.
- Anti-KCNH2 (erg1) Antibody (#APC-016)
- Anti-KCNH2 (HERG) Antibody (#APC-062)
- Anti-KCNH2 (HERG) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-109)
- Anti-KCNH2 (HERG) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APC-109-F)
- Anti-KCNH6 (erg2) Antibody (#APC-114)
- Anti-KV12.1 (KCNH8) Antibody (#APC-113)
- Anti-KCNH1 (EAG-1) Antibody (#APC-104)
- Anti-KCNH5 (EAG-2) Antibody (#APC-053)