This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)DVIEKRKFNHNSN, corresponding to amino acid residues 168-180 of rat 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 4 (Accession Q62758). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate:1. Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-036), (1:200).
2. Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of Serotonin receptor 4 in rat PC12 cellsCell surface detection of Serotonin receptor 4 in intact living rat pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody, (#ASR-036), (1:100), (red). B. Merge of A with a live view of the cell.
- 1. Mnie-Filali, O. et al. (2010) Cell. Signal. 22, 501.
- 2. Barnes, N.M. and Sharp, T. (1999) Neuropharmacology 38, 1083.
- 3. Oh, D.Y. et al. (2006) Int. Rev. Cytol. 252, 163.
- 4. Bockaert, J. et al. (2004) Curr. Drug Targets CNS Neurol. Disord. 3, 39.
- 5. Varnas, K. et al. (2003) Eur. Neuropsychopharmacol. 13, 228.
5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 4 (5-HT4 receptors) are a subclass among the large family of receptors mediating serotonin actions at central and peripheral targets. 5-HT4 receptor activation has been implicated in learning and memory, feeding control and stress response. 5-HT4 receptors are encoded by a complex gene which in humans, generates ten different splice variants1, 2.
The 5-HT4 receptor, a member of the seven transmembrane spanning G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), couples via Gs to increase cAMP production. GPCRs share a similar topology, with seven transmembrane helices (TMHs) connected by three extracellular loops (ECLs), and three intracellular loops (ICLs); the N-terminus is on the extracellular side of the membrane, and the C-terminus is on the cytoplasmic side3.
Within the central nervous system, these receptors are expressed in limbic structures including: hypothalamus, nucleus accumbens, prefrontal cortex, amygdala and hippocampus, where they contribute to emotional and cognitive functions4.
Low levels of 5-HT4 receptors are associated with numerous neuropsychiatric disorders including Alzheimer's disease, Huntington’s disease, feeding disorders and stress-related disorders such as anxiety and depression5.
IF- Immunofluorescence, IHC- Immunohistochemistry, IP- Immunoprecipitation, LCI- Live cell imaging, N- Neutralization, WB- Western blot
Species reactivity key:
Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-036) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat Serotonin receptor 4. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry, and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize 5HT4 receptor from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ASR-022-AG)
- Anti-5HT1D Receptor (HTR1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-023)
- Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035)
- Anti-5HT3B Receptor (HTR3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-032)
- Anti-Serotonin Transporter (SERT) (extracellular) Antibody (#AMT-004)
- Anti-VMAT2 Antibody (#AMT-006)