- Peptide (C)DVIEKRKFNHNSN, corresponding to amino acid residues 168-180 of rat 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 4 (Accession Q62758). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate:1. Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-036), (1:200).
2. Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with 5HT4 Receptor/HTR4 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-SR036).
- Cell surface detection of Serotonin receptor 4 by indirect flow cytometry in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody, (#ASR-036), (2.5μg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
- Expression of Serotonin receptor 4 in rat PC12 cellsCell surface detection of Serotonin receptor 4 in intact living rat pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody, (#ASR-036), (1:100), (red). B. Merge of A with a live view of the cell.
5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 4 (5-HT4 receptors) are a subclass among the large family of receptors mediating serotonin actions at central and peripheral targets. 5-HT4 receptor activation has been implicated in learning and memory, feeding control and stress response. 5-HT4 receptors are encoded by a complex gene which in humans, generates ten different splice variants1, 2.
The 5-HT4 receptor, a member of the seven transmembrane spanning G-protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), couples via Gs to increase cAMP production. GPCRs share a similar topology, with seven transmembrane helices (TMHs) connected by three extracellular loops (ECLs), and three intracellular loops (ICLs); the N-terminus is on the extracellular side of the membrane, and the C-terminus is on the cytoplasmic side3.
Within the central nervous system, these receptors are expressed in limbic structures including: hypothalamus, nucleus accumbens, prefrontal cortex, amygdala and hippocampus, where they contribute to emotional and cognitive functions4.
Low levels of 5-HT4 receptors are associated with numerous neuropsychiatric disorders including Alzheimer's disease, Huntington’s disease, feeding disorders and stress-related disorders such as anxiety and depression5.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-036) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat Serotonin receptor 4. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry, and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize 5HT4 receptor from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ASR-036-F). This FITC-conjugated antibody can be used to detect 5-HT4 receptor in live cell flow cytometry.