This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
3,4. Anti-Connexin-45 Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
2. Anti-Connexin-45 Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
- Goodenough, D.A. and Paul, D.L. (2009) Cold Spring Harb. Perspect. Biol. 1, a002576.
- Nishii, K. et al. (2014) World J. Stem Cells 6, 571.
- Sirnes, S. et al. (2011) Epigenetics 6, 6023.
- Sohl, G. et al. (2004) Cardiovasc Res. 62, 228.
- Fang, J.S. et al. (2013) Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 33, 362.
- Salameh, A. et al. (2013) Front. Pharmacol. 4, 706.
Gap junctions are plasma membrane domains of intercellular channels that allow direct connection between the cytoplasm of adjacent cells. They allow exchange of low molecular weight metabolites, ions and small hydrophilic molecules. These channels are formed by head-to-head docking of hexameric hemichannels called connexons, whose subunit proteins are encoded by the connexin (Cx) gene family1-3.
The connexin subunit is formed of four-transmembrane spanning domains, harboring two extracellular loops, one cytoplasmic loop and cytoplasmic N- and C-terminal regions. To date, the family of connexin comprises 21 genes in the human genome4.
Connexin 45 (Cx45), encoded by the GJC1 gene, is expressed in cardiomyocytes and in developing vasculature in both endothelial and smooth muscle cells4,5.
In the heart, Cx45 along with Cx40 and Cx43, play a crucial role in normal electrical conduction and synchronous heart muscle contraction and important for the normal embryonic development of the heart6. Indeed Cx45 forms low conductance and voltage-sensitive gap junctions between the ventricular cardiac myocytes and the core conduction system2.
Studies have showed that cardiac connexin Cx45 is upregulated in human failing hearts and has an important role in the regulation of endothelial-induced mural cell differentiation4,5.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat Connexin-45. Anti-Connexin-45 Antibody (#ACC-207) can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize Connexin-45 from human, rat and mouse samples.
- Anti-Connexin-26 Antibody (#ACC-212)
- Anti-Connexin-31 Antibody (#ACC-213)
- Anti-Connexin-32 Antibody (#ACC-211)
- Anti-Connexin-36 Antibody (#ACC-209)
- Anti-Connexin-36-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-209-AG)
- Anti-Connexin-37 Antibody (#ACC-204)
- Anti-Connexin-40 Antibody (#ACC-205)
- Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#ACC-201)
- Anti-Connexin-29 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-223)