- Peptide RSKPGKPRSTTN(C), corresponding to amino acid residues 60-71 of mouse Galanin receptor type 1 (Accession P56479). 1st intracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain lysate (lanes 2 and 4):1-2. Anti-GALR1 Antibody (#AGR-011), (1:200). 3-4. Anti-GALR1 Antibody, preincubated with GALR1 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-GR011).
- Expression of Galanin receptor 1 in rat DRGImmunohistochemical staining of rat dorsal root ganglia (DRG) frozen section using Anti-GALR1 Antibody (#AGR-011), (1:200), (red). Galanin receptor 1 is expressed in DRG neuron cells. Hoechst 33342 is used as the counterstain (blue).
- Expression of Galanin receptor 1 in rat DRGImmunocytochemical staining of GALR1 in a primary culture of rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons. A, D. Paraformaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized DRG primary culture stained with Anti-GALR1 Antibody (#AGR-011), (1:100) followed by goat-anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-555 secondary antibody (red). B, E. Nuclear fluorescence staining of cells using Hoechst 33342 (blue).
C. Merged images of panels A and B.
F. Merged images of panels D and E.
- Branchek, T.A. et al. (2000) Trends Pharmacol Sci. 21, 109.
- Branchek, T.A. et al. (1998) Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 863, 94.
- Barreda-Gómez, G. et al. (2005) Neuropeptides 39, 153.
- Lu, X. et al. (2005) Neuropeptides 39, 147.
- Hawes, J.J. et al. (2004) J. Comp. Neurol. 479, 410.
Galanin is a neuropeptide, consisting of 29-30 amino acid residues, involved in the regulation of cognition, mood, feeding, seizure activity and pain. Galanin exerts its action via three known receptors, the Galanin receptor type 1 (GALR1), Galanin receptor type 2 (GALR2) and Galanin receptor type 3 (GALR3). The Galanin receptors belong to the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily.1-4
Based on mRNA, the GALR1 is predominantly distributed in the central nervous system, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglia while GALR2 is abundant in both central and peripheral nervous systems. GALR3 mRNA is distributed in peripheral tissues such as the heart, spleen, and testis. However, its expression in the brain is still controversial.4,5
Species reactivity key:
Anti-GALR1 Antibody (#AGR-011) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse Galanin receptor 1. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize GALR1 from mouse, rat, and human samples.