- Peptide CSSHFPYSQYQFWKN, corresponding to amino acid residues 178-192 of human CCR5 (Accession P51681). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of human HL-60 promyelocytic leukemia (lanes 1 and 4), human THP-1 acute monocytic leukemia (lanes 2 and 5) and human MEG-O1 Chronic myelogenous leukemia (lanes 3 and 6) cell lysates:1-3. Anti-Human CCR5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-025), (1:400).
4-6. Anti-Human CCR5 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with Human CCR5 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CR025).
- Cell surface detection of Human CCR5 by indirect flow cytometry in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-Human CCR5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-025), (2.5μg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC .
CCR5 protein is a G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) responsible for regulating host immune responses and functions against pathogens. The protein plays a key role in transferring immune cells to inflammatory sites and injury. CCR5 is also considered to be an anchor protein for R5-tropic strains of HIV-1 (Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1) to infect immune cells. Thus, CCR5 contributes to the development of AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome).
The receptor is widely expressed in a variety of immune cells involved in the inflammatory responses such as macrophages, monocytes, T cells and dendritic cells1,2.
CCR5 is the receptor for the CC ligand 3 (CCL3), CC ligand 4 (CCL4), and CC ligand 5 (CCL5) chemokine ligands. CCR5 and its ligands are upregulated during HIV infection.
Studies have shown that lack of homozygosity of CCR5Δ32 variant, a 32 base-pair deletion of the CCR5’s gene coding region, is associated with preventing the risk of HIV-1 infection2,3.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Human CCR5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-025) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize CCR5 from human samples only. The antibody is unlikely to recognize the receptor from mouse and rat samples.
- Anti-CCR7 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-027)
- Anti-CCR9 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-029)
- Anti-Human CXCR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-011)
- Anti-Human CXCR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-012)
- Anti-CXCR4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-014)
- Anti-Human CXCR5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-015)
- Anti-CXCR7 (ACKR3) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-037)
- Anti-Human CCR3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-023)
- Anti-Human CCR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-022)