- Peptide (C)TASEHSREPSAAGRLSD, corresponding to amino acid residues 465-481 of rat NaV1.1 (Accession P04774). Intracellular loop between domains I and II.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain (lanes 2 and 4) lysates:1,2. Guinea pig Anti-SCN1A (NaV1.1) Antibody (#ASC-001-GP), (1:200).
3,4. Guinea pig Anti-SCN1A (NaV1.1) Antibody, preincubated with SCN1A/Nav1.1 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-SC001).
- Wu, L. et al. (2002) NeuroReport 13, 2547.
- Fang, X. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 7425.
- Fjell, J. et al. (2000) NeuroReport 11, 199.
- Baker, M.D. et al. (2001) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 22, 27.
- Lai, J. et al. (2003) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 13, 291.
- Isom, L.L. (2001) Neuroscientist 7, 42.
- Catterall, W.A. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 575.
- Catterall, W.A. et al. (2008) J. Neurosci. 28, 11768.
- Rhodes, T.H. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 101, 11147.
Voltage-gated Na+ channels (NaV) are essential for the generation of action potentials and for cell excitability1. NaV channels are activated in response to depolarization and selectively allow the flow of Na+ ions. To date, nine NaV α subunits have been cloned and named NaV1.1-NaV1.94-5. The NaV channels are classified into two groups according to their sensitivity to tetrodotoxin (TTX): TTX-sensitive (NaV1.1, NaV1.2, NaV1.3, NaV1.4, NaV1.6 and NaV1.7) and TTX-resistant (NaV1.5, NaV1.8 and NaV1.9)2-3.
Mammalian sodium channels are heterotrimers composed of a central, pore-forming α subunit and two auxiliary β subunits. The expression of the α subunit isoform is developmentally regulated and tissue specific. Na+ channels in the adult central nervous system and heart contain β1 through β4 subunits, whereas Na+ channels in adult skeletal muscle have only the β1 subunit6,7.
NaV1.1, also referred to as SCN1A, is a tetrodotoxin-sensitive channel and is broadly expressed in neurons7.
Mutations in NaV1.1 are associated with at least two forms of epilepsy. Gain-of-function missense mutations are a primary cause of generalized epilepsy with febrile seizures plus (GEFS+). Loss-of-function mutations cause severe myoclonic epilepsy of infancy (SMEI)8,9.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat NaV1.1 channel. Guinea pig Anti-SCN1A (NaV1.1) Antibody (#ASC-001-GP) raised in guinea pig can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize NaV1.1 from rat, human and mouse samples. The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-SCN1A (NaV1.1) Antibody (#ASC-001) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as multiplex staining studies, immunoprecipitation, etc.
- Anti-SCN1A (NaV1.1) Antibody (#ASC-001), (for western blot analysis).
- Anti-SCN1A (NaV1.1)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ASC-001-AR). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in multiplex staining studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.