- Peptide LGEVPAAGGSPL(C), corresponding to amino acid residues 43-52 of mature human NT-4 (residues 123-132 of the precursor NT-4) (Accession P34130).
- Expression of Neurotrophin 4 in mouse spinal cordImmunohistochemical staining of mouse spinal cord using Anti-Neurotrophin 4 (NT-4) Antibody (#ANT-004). The spinal ventral horn (VH) was very lightly stained. However, in the perimeter of the white matter (WM) there were NT-4 immunoreactive cells with a small soma (triangles) and some had a stained process (arrows).
- Roux, P. et al. (2002) Prog. Neurobiol. 67, 203.
- Roosen, A. et al. (2001) J. Neurosci. 21, 3073.
- Moalem, G. et al. (2002) J. Autoimmun. 15, 331.
- Marconi, A. et al. (2003) J. Invest. Dermatol. 121, 1515.
- McDonald, N.Q. et al. (1991) Nature 354, 411.
- DeFazio, R.A. et al. (2000) Neuroscience, 99, 297.
- Belluardo, N. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell Neurosci. 18, 56.
- Spalding, K.L. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell Neurosci. 19, 485.
- Lobner, D. and Ali, C. (2002) Brain Res. 954, 42.
- Teng, K.K. and Hempstead, B.L. (2004) Cell Mol. Life Sci. 61, 35.
The neurotrophins ("neuro" meaning nerve and "trophe" meaning nutrient) are a family of soluble, basic growth factors which regulate neuronal development, maintenance, survival and death in the CNS and PNS.1 Neurotrophin-4 (NT-4) is expressed in neurons of the superior cervical, stellate and celiac ganglion,2 T-cells3 and is synthesized by keratinocytes.4 The structural hallmark of all neurotrophins is the characteristic arrangement of the disulfide bridges, known as the cysteine knot, which has been found in other growth factors such as PDGF.5
The rat and human forms of NT-4 are 96% homologous. NT-4 has been shown to promote dendritic outgrowth and calcium currents in cultured mesencephalic dopamine neurons,6 to promote growth and remodeling of adult motor neuron innervation,7 to be anterograde survival factors for postsynaptic cells8 and to protect against apoptotic neuronal death.9
The biological effects of NT-4 are mediated by two receptors: TrkB, which is specific for NT-4 and BDNF, and p75NTR, which binds all the neurotrophins.10
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of human Neurotrophin 4. Anti-Neurotrophin 4 (NT-4) Antibody (#ANT-004) can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize NT-4 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Recombinant human Neurotrophin-4 (NT-4) protein (#N-270), a recombinant protein expressed in and extracted from E. coli and purified to homogeneity.