- Peptide (C)HEES ISRWA DTHQD, corresponding to residues 337-350 of rat P2RY4 (Accession O35811). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-P2Y4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-006), (1:300).
2. Anti-P2Y4 Receptor Antibody, preincubated with P2Y4 Receptor Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR006).
- HEK-293 transfected cells (1 μg) (Cavaliere, F. et al. (2004) Exp. Cell Res. 300, 149.).
- Expression of P2RY4 in rat cerebellumImmunohistochemical staining of rat cerebellum using Anti-P2Y4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-006). A. P2RY4 (red) appears in astrocytic processes (arrows). B. In contrast, P2RY4 does not appear in Purkinje neuronal dendrites stained for calbindin D28k (green) in the same brain section. This demonstrates the restriction of P2RY4 to astrocytic fibers.
- Human eye tissue (Fries, J.E. et al. (2005) Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 46, 3000.).
- Mouse macrophage J774 (Coutinho Silva, R. et al. (2005) Biochem. Pharmacol. 69, 641.).
- Rat osteoclasts (3 μg/ml) (Alvarenga, E.C. et al. (2010) Bone 46, 355.).
- The control antigen is not suitable for this application.
- Wang, L. et al. (2002) J. Cardiovas. Pharmacol. 40, 841.
- Queiroz, G. et al. (2003) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 307, 809.
- Ralevic, V. and Burnstock, G. (1998) Pharmacol. Rev. 50, 413.
- Abbracchio, M.P. et al. (2003) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 24, 52.
- Von Kugelgen,I. and Wetter, A. (2000) Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 362, 310.
- Cavaliere, F. et al. (2005) Neurobiol. Dis. 18, 100.
The P2Y receptors belong to the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily. P2Y receptors mediate the actions of the extracellular nucleotides (ATP, ADP, UTP and UDP) and regulate several physiological responses, among them, cardiac function, platelet aggregation and SMC proliferation.1
The mammalian P2Y family currently includes eight functional receptors; P2Y1, P2Y2, P2Y4, P2Y6, P2Y11, P2Y12, P2Y13, and the UDP-glucose receptor, now renamed P2Y14.2-4
The P2Y4-receptor is highly expressed in the placenta and with lower levels in the lung and vascular smooth muscle.5
The human P2Y4 receptor is highly selective to UTP while rat P2Y4 receptor is equally activated by both UTP and ATP and also by other triphosphate nucleotides such as Ap4A.5
Recently it has been shown that P2Y4 receptor is involved in differentiation and cell death of human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells.6
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2Y4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-006) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunoprecipitation, indirect flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RY4 in rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Human eye tissue.
Fries, J.E. et al. (2005) Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 46, 3000.