- Peptide (C)EYRSKLSQTEDRQLR, corresponding to amino acid residues 17-31 of human SAP-97 (Accession Q12959). N-terminus, L27 domain.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain membranes (lanes 2 and 5) and human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell line lysate (lanes 3 and 6):1-3. Anti-SAP-97/DLG1 Antibody (#APZ-010), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-SAP-97/DLG1 Antibody, preincubated with SAP-97/DLG1 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PZ010).
- Fourie, C. et al. (2014) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1838, 589.
- Leonard, A.S. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 19518.
- Howard, M.A. et al. (2010) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 107, 3805.
- Sheng, M. and Sala, C. (2001) Annu. Rev. Neurosci. 24, 1.
- Kim, E. and Sheng, M. (1996) Neuropharmacology 35, 993.
- Gardoni, F. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282, 28691.
- El Haou, S. et al. (2009) Circ. Res. 104, 758.
- Leonoudakis, D. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 22331.
- Leonoudakis, D. et al. (2001) J. Cell Sci. 114, 987.
SAP-97 belongs to the MAGUK (membrane associated guanylate kinase) homologs along with PSD-95, PSD-93 and SAP102.
Like other members, SAP-97 has three PDZ domains, one SH3 domain and an inactive GUK domain. Alternative splicing of SAP-97 gives to a number of different isoforms thereby complicating the understanding of its roles1.
Interactions with Kir channels have also been observed8,9.
Thus, SAP-97 serves as a regulator of neuronal excitability and synaptic function. Roles for the protein in schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease and epilepsy have been found1.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of human SAP-97. Anti-SAP-97/DLG1 Antibody (#APZ-010) can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize SAP-97 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-SAP102 Antibody (#APZ-003)
- Anti-PSD-93 Antibody (#APZ-002)
- Anti-PSD-95 Antibody (#APZ-009)
- Anti-DLGAP1/GKAP Antibody (#APZ-041)
- Anti-GRIP1 Antibody (#APZ-015)
- Anti-Shank1 Antibody (#APZ-011)
- Anti-Shank3 Antibody (#APZ-013)
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-004)
- Anti-KV1.4 Antibody (#APC-007)
- Anti-KV4.2 Antibody (#APC-023)