- Peptide (C)PSEQYWNKVALQRS, corresponding to amino acid residues 213-226 of human SLC6A14 (Accession Q9UN76). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain (lanes 1 and 3) and colon (lanes 2 and 4) lysates:
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate (lanes 1 and 3) and colon membranes (lanes 2 and 4):
- Western blot analysis of human MCF-7 breast adenocarcinoma cell line (lanes 1 and 3) and human LNCaP prostate adenocarcinoma cell line (lanes 2 and 4) lysates:
- Expression of SLC6A14 in mouse RTNImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections with Anti-SLC6A14 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGT-015), (1:200), followed by goat-anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. SLC6A14 immunoreactivity (green) is detected in reticular thalamic nucleus (RTN) cells (arrows). Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
SLC614A is an amino acid transporter which is a member of the Solute carrier (SLC) 6 transporter family. Currently, the SLC6 family is comprised of >300 prokaryotic and eukaryotic proteins, of which 21 have been identified in humans. SLC6 members have 12 membrane spanning domains (TM) with intracellular N- and C- termini1.
SLC614A transports all amino acids (except glutamate and aspartate) into the cell. It has a uni-directional function and it is energized by three different driving forces: a Na+ gradient, a Cl- gradient and the membrane potential. These specific characteristics makes it important in the development of cancerous tumors2. During carcinogenesis, the developing tumor utilizes more resources than healthy tissue and, therefore, there is an over-production of transporters for glucose and amino acids. SLC614A is uniquely suited to the biological needs of tumor cells: Theoretically, this transporter has the ability to concentrate its substrates inside the cell ~1000-fold compared to the extracellular medium, which complies with the increasing demand of the tumor cell for amino acid supply2. Indeed, SLC614A has been shown to be up regulated in multiple cancer types such as, cervical cancer3, breast cancer4, and pancreatic cancer5, as well as the development of Cystic fibrosis6. Hence, the therapeutic potential in affecting the activity of this transporter is clinically significant.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-SLC6A14 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGT-015) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize SLC6A14 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Anti-ASCT2 (SLC1A5) Antibody (#ANT-082)
- Anti-GlyT1 (SLC6A9) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGT-011)
- Anti-GlyT2 (SLC6A5) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGT-012)
- Anti-LAT1 (SLC7A5) Antibody (#ANT-105)
- Anti-LAT3/SLC43A1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-193)
- Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-111)
- Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANT-111-F)