- Peptide (C)GTPAFSPTPERPQPT, corresponding to amino acid residues 53 - 67 of mouse TMEM119 (Accession Q8R138). Extracellular, N-term.
- Cell surface detection of TMEM119 by direct flow cytometry in live intact mouse BV-2 microglia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + Rabbit IgG isotype control-APC.
___ Cells + Anti-TMEM119 (extracellular)-APC Antibody (#ANR-175-APC), (2.5µg) .
Transmembrane protein 119, Tmem119, is a bone formation related factor that belongs to a group of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs). It is a class IA single pass transmembrane protein1.
Tmem119 promotes the differentiation of myoblasts (embryonic precursors of muscle cells) into osteoblasts and plays a role in numerous BMP signaling pathways1,2.
Tmem119 is uniquely expressed in microglia cells and it is therefore used as a microglia-specific homeostatic marker that can assist in differentiating microglia cells from peripherally derived macrophages in the brain3. This marker is very important for diagnosing CNS disease: monocytes/macrophages are key cellular modulators of brain homeostasis. In the healthy brain resident microglia are the predominant macrophage cell population but when the blood-brain barrier is leaking peripheral monocytes/macrophages can infiltrate the brain and participate in CNS disease pathogenesis. Distinguishing these two monocytes/macrophages populations is often challenging and hence the existence of a highly expressed and robust microglia marker such as Tmem119 is very important4.
Species reactivity key:
Widget not in any sidebars
Anti-TMEM119 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-175) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the mouse protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and indirect live cell flow cytometry. It has been designed to recognize TMEM119 from rat and mouse samples. The antibody will not recognize the protein from human samples.
Anti-TMEM119 (extracellular)-APC Antibody (#ANR-175-APC) is directly conjugated to Allophycocyanin (APC) fluorophore. This conjugated antibody has been developed to be used in immunofluorescent applications such as direct flow cytometry and live cell imaging.
- Anti-GPR34 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#AGR-055-F)
- Anti-IBA1/AIF1 Antibody (#ACS-010)
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-020)
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APR-020-F)
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular)-PE Antibody (#APR-020-PE)
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor Antibody (#APR-012)
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#APR-012-AR)
- Anti-TMEM119 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-175)
- Anti-TMEM119 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANR-175-F)
- Anti-TREM2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-018)
- Anti-TREM2 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANR-018-F)