- Peptide CDGHQQGYAPKWRAEDAPL, corresponding to amino acid residues 853-871 of rat TRPV4 (Accession Q9ERZ8). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Expression of TRPV4 in rat DRGImmunohistochemical staining of rat dorsal root ganglia (DRG) frozen sections with Anti-TRPV4-ATTO Fluor-550 Antibody (#ACC-034-AO), (1:20). TRPV4 is present in DRG neurons (red). Note that staining is stronger in small cells (arrows). Hoechst 33342 is used as the counterstain.
TRP channels are a large family (about 28 genes) of plasma membrane, non-selective cationic channels that are either specifically or ubiquitously expressed in excitable and non-excitable cells1. According to IUPHAR the TRP family comprises of three main subfamilies on the basis of sequence homology; TRPC, TRPM and TRPV (to date, three extra subfamilies are considered to belong to the TRP family; the TRPA, TRPML, and TRPP)1-4. The TRPV subfamily consists of six members, TRPV1-65.
TRPV4 (also named OTRPC4) is activated under hypotonic conditions and serves as an osmoreceptor. TRPV4 is expressed in brain, liver, kidney, heart, testis and salivary gland6.
Alomone Labs offers a highly specific antibody directed against an intracellular epitope of TRPV4. Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#ACC-034) can be used in western blot, immunocytochemical, and immunohistochemical applications and recognizes TRPV4 from rat samples.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#ACC-034) is a highly specific antibody directed against an intracellular epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunoprecipitation, indirect flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize TRPV4 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
Anti-TRPV4-ATTO Fluor-550 Antibody (#ACC-034-AO) is directly labeled with an ATTO-550 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. The ATTO-550 fluorescent label is related to the well known dye Rhodamine 6G and can be used with filters typically used to detect Rhodamine. Anti-TRPV4-ATTO Fluor-550 Antibody has been tested in immunocytochemistry and immunohistochemistry applications and is specially suited to experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
- Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody(#ACC-124-F). This FITC-conjugated antibody can be used to detect TRPV4 in live cell flow cytometry.
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) Antibody (#ACC-032)
- Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033)
- Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#ACC-033-B)
- Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-124)
- Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#ACC-034)
- Anti-TRPV5 Antibody (#ACC-035)
- Anti-TRPV6 Antibody (#ACC-036)
- Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#AGP-147)