This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)EDQSN(S)TVPSYPA(S)RD, corresponding to amino acid residues 647-662 of rat TRPV4 (Accession Q9ERZ8). 3rd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate:1. Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-124), (1:200).
2. Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of TRPV4 in rat DRGImmunohistochemical staining of rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) frozen sections using Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (# ACC-124). A. TRPV4 labeling appears in neuronal cell bodies. B. Nuclear staining using DAPI as counter stain. C. merged images of A and B.
- Expression of TRPV4 in human U-87 cellsCell surface detection of TRPV4 in live intact human brain glioblastoma U-87 cells. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-124), (1:25), (red) followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody. DAPI was used as the counterstaining (blue).
- Expression of TRPV4 in human U-87 cellsCell surface detection of TRPV4 in live intact human brain glioblastoma U-87 cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells with Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-124), (1:25) followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody. B. Merged images of live cells with A.
TRP channels are a large family (about 28 genes) of plasma membrane, non-selective cationic channels that are either specifically or ubiquitously expressed in excitable and non-excitable cells1. According to IUPHAR the TRP family comprises of three main subfamilies on the basis of sequence homology; TRPC, TRPM and TRPV (to date, three extra subfamilies are considered to belong to the TRP family; the TRPA, TRPML, and TRPP)1-4. The TRPV subfamily consists of six members, TRPV1-65.
TRPV4 (also named OTRPC4) is activated under hypotonic conditions and serves as an osmoreceptor. TRPV4 is expressed in brain, liver, kidney, heart, testis and salivary gland6.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-124) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, live cell imaging, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize TRPV4 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#ACC-034). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting TRPV4.
- Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#AGP-147). This antibody is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. It has been raised against the same epitope as that of #ACC-034.
- Anti-TRPV4-ATTO-550 Antibody (#ACC-034-AO). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody(#ACC-124-F). This FITC-conjugated antibody can be used to detect TRPV4 in live cell flow cytometry.
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029)
- Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) Antibody (#ACC-032)
- Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033)
- Anti-TRPV5 Antibody (#ACC-035)
- Anti-TRPV6 Antibody (#ACC-036)
- Anti-Human TRPV2 (VRL1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-139)