Cat #: N-206
Lyophilized Powder yes
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Form Lyophilized powder.
Effective concentration 1-100 µM.
Chemical name (1S,2S)-2-[2-[[3-(1H-Benzimidazol-2-yl)propyl]methylamino]ethyl]-6-fluoro-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-1-(1-methylethyl)-2-naphthalenyl cyclopropanecarboxylate dihydrochloride hydrate.
Molecular formula C30H41.6Cl1.8FN3O2.9.
CAS No.: 357400-13-6
Activity NNC 55-0396 displays IC50 values of 6.8 and >100 μM for inhibition of CaV3.1 T-type channels and HVA currents respectively in INS-1 cells1.
- Huang, L. et al. (2004) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 309, 193.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility 50 mM in water. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g for 1 min).
Storage of solutions Up to four weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs NNC 55-0396 dihydrochloride hydrate blocks T-type CaV channels heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of CaV3.2 peak current amplitude, elicited by 100 ms voltage step from holding potential of -100 mV to -20 mV, delivered every 10 seconds. Application of 10 µM NNC 55-0396 dihydrochloride hydrate (#N-206) inhibits CaV3.2 currents in a reversible manner (indicated by the horizontal bar). B. Representative current traces before and during application of 10 µM NNC 55-0396 dihydrochloride hydrate as indicated.
References - Scientific background
Scientific background NNC 55-0396 dihydrochloride, is a structural analog of mibefradil (Ro 40-5967) that inhibits both T-type and high-voltage-activated (HVA) Ca2+ channels with a higher selectivity for T-type Ca2+ channels. NNC 55-0396 exerts no effect against high voltage Ca2+ channels at 100 μM, but inhibits T-type channels in HEK293 cells with a potency comparable to that of mibefradil (IC50 values of 6.8 versus 10.1 μM)1. NNC 55- 0396 can be an essential tool in preventing human ovarian cancer cell proliferation as a result of its ability to inhibit the function of T-type Ca2+ channels. It is believed that NNC 55-0396 may function by dissolving in or passing through the plasma membrane of cells2.
Target T-type CaV channels
Last update: 02/03/2021
NNC 55-0396 dihydrochloride hydrate (#N-206) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Anti-CACNA1G (CaV3.1) Antibody (#ACC-021)
- Anti-CaV3.2 (CACNA1H) Antibody (#ACC-025)
- Anti-CaV3.3 (CACNA1I) Antibody (#ACC-009)
- Anti-CACNA1G (CaV3.1)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ACC-021-AR)
- T-Type CaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-111)
- Mibefradil dihydrochloride hydrate (#M-150)
- TTA-A2 (#T-140)
- Non-L-Type CaV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-216)
- NNC 55-0396 dihydrochloride (#N-205)
- Kurtoxin (#STK-800)
Shipping and Ordering information