Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Olomoucine prevents NGF-mediated survival of PC-12 cells.Cells were grown in the absence of serum. The cells were not protected (dotted line) or protected (continuous line) from apoptosis with 100 ng/ml Native mouse NGF 2.5S protein (99%) (#N-240) and treated with different concentrations of Olomoucine (#O-300). Cell survival was measured after 4 days using the XTT method, calculated as a relative percentage of the control without Olomoucine and plotted against Olomoucine concentrations.
- Vesely, J. et al. (1994) Eur. J. Biochem. 224, 771.
- Glab, N. et al. (1994) FEBS Lett. 353, 207.
- Abraham, R.T. (1995) Biol. Cell 83, 105.
- Schutte, B. et al. (1997) Exp. Cell Res. 236, 4.
- Meijer, L. et al. (1997) Eur. J. Biochem. 243, 527.
- Flament, S. (2000) Zygote 8, 3.
- Rossi, L.A. et al. (1998) Exp. Cell. Res. 245, 8.
- Yakisich, J.S. et al. (1998) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 243, 674.
- Wesierska-Gadek, J. et al. (2004) Pol. J. Pharmacol. 56, 635.
- Dobashi, Y. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 12572.
- Iseki, H. et al. (1997) Surgery 122, 187.
- Monaco, E.A. et al. (2004) Biochem. Pharmacol. 67, 1947.
- Ohnuma, S. et al. (2001) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 11, 66.
Olomoucine is a cell-permeable purine protein kinase inhibitor, found to be highly specific for the cell-cycle regulating p34cdc2/cyclin B, p33cdk2/cyclin A and p33cdk2/cyclin E kinases, the brain p33cdk5/p35 kinase and the ERK1/2 MAP- kinase (IC50=7-25 µM).1 Olomoucine behaves as a competitive inhibitor for ATP and as a non-competitive inhibitor for histone H1 binding in CDKs kinases.1-5
Olomoucine induces a dose-dependent inhibition of proliferation rate and the cell cycle progression in many human cancer cells in culture (EC50 = 40-90 µM). Olomoucine, at 1-100 µM, slowdown or arrest KB 3-1 cells in G1/S and G2/M phase and decreased the DNA synthesis of rat brain cortex.6-11
Olomoucine also induces apoptosis in maturing cerebellar granule neurons,11 NGF induced neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells in vitro12 and in NE cells in vivo.13
Olomoucine (#O-300) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.