sloβ4/KCNMB4 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PC061) is the original antigen used for immunization during Anti-sloβ4 (KCNMB4) Antibody (#APC-061) generation. The blocking peptide binds and ‘blocks’ Anti-sloβ4/KCNMB4 primary antibody, this makes it a good negative reagent control to help confirm antibody specificity in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. This control is also often called a pre-adsorption control.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-sloβ4 (KCNMB4) Antibody (#APC-061), (1:200).
2. Anti- sloβ4 (KCNMB4) Antibody, preincubated with sloβ4/KCNMB4 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PC061).
- Expression of KCNMB4 in rat hippocampus and cortex
Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-sloβ4 (KCNMB4) Antibody (#APC-061), (1:200), followed by goat-anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. KCNMB4 staining (green) in rat hippocampal CA1 region is detected in apical dendrites (arrows) of pyramidal neurons from the pyramidal layer (PL). B. Staining in rat parietal cortex shows staining of apical dendrites (arrows) of pyramidal neurons. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Rat brain sections (1:50) (Piwonska, M. et al. (2008) Neuroscience 153, 446.).
- AKLRVSYEYTEAEDKS(C), corresponding to amino acid residues 2-17 of rat KCNMB4 (Accession Q9ESK8).