Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Yang, N. et al. (2010) Br. J. Pharmacol. 159, 1623.
- Alomone Labs Tropanyl-3,5-dimethylbenzoate citrate blocks 5-HT3A receptors expressed in HEK 293T cells.5-HT3A receptor currents were elicited with 10 µM 5-HT, delivered every 3 minutes. Tropanyl-3,5-dimethylbenzoate (#T-135) was applied 30 seconds before stimulation at 1, 10 and 50 µM as indicated and completely inhibited the 5-HT induced current in a dose dependent and reversible manner.
Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) is a monoamine neurotransmitter synthesized from the amino acid Tryptophan by the enzyme tryptophan-decarboxylase. The 5-HT3 channel is a ligand-gated ion channel receptor of the cys-loop channel family. It is a pentamer with five subunits surrounding a central channel1.
Tropanyl-3,5-dimethylbenzoate is a synthetic, potent and selective antagonist of the 5-HT3 receptor. Tropanyl-3,5-dimethylbenzoate has an effective concentration of 1 nM – 1 μM. Interestingly, in rat mucosa and submucosa preparations Tropanyl causes an increase of 5-HT induced Δ/sc (change in short circuit current) and causes a decline of Δ/sc in rat intact colon suggesting a double role for 5-HT3 receptors in this tissue2.
Tropanyl-3,5-dimethylbenzoate (#T-135) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022)
- Anti-5HT1D Receptor (HTR1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-023)
- Tropisetron hydrochloride (#T-125)
- 5-HT3 Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-208)
- 5-HT3 Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-209)