This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Horne, A.L. et. al. (1992) Br. J. Pharmacol. 107, 732.
- Alomone Labs Zolpidem inhibits specific binding of Ro-15-1788 to cerebellum GABA(A) receptors.Percent inhibition of specific binding of 1 nM [3H] Ro-15-1788 to membranes from rat cerebellum, plotted against increasing concentrations of Zolpidem (#Z-100). Full inhibition is achieved at over 50 nM.
Zolpidem (Ambien, Lorex) is a synthetic agonist of GABA(A) receptors. Zolpidem is highly selective for α1-subunit containing receptors and has an EC50 of 47.8 nM on α1β1γ2L. Zolpidem is used for the treatment of cannabis use disorder (CUD). It decreases withdrawal related disruptions in sleep, and in combination with nabilone, decreases withdrawal-related disruptions in mood and food intake relative to placebo. In addition, the combination of the two drugs causes decreased self-administration of active cannabis1.
Zolpidem is a popular treatment in the US and Asia for the treatment of insomnia. It has a quick onset of 15 minutes, a short half-life (2-3 hours) and it preserves sleep patterns better than other medications of its type. However, it can cause side effects such as dizziness, confusion, impaired motor coordination and postural imbalance. A recent meta-analysis published shows that Zolpidem use is associated with increased risk of fracture due to the aforementioned side effects2.
Zolpidem (#Z-100) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AGA-001-AG)
- Anti-GABA(A) α2 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-002)
- Anti-GABA(A) α3 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-003)
- Anti-GABA(A) α6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-004)
- Anti-GABA(A) γ2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-005)
- GABA(A) Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-229)
- 2’MeO6MF (#M-245)
- α-Asarone (#A-260)
- (+)-Bicuculline (#B-135)
- Bilobalide (#B-145)
- α-Bungarotoxin (#B-100)
- Flumazenil (#F-145)
- Ganaxolone (#G-120)
- Amentoflavone (#A-165)
- Waglerin-1 (#STW-001)
- GABA(A) Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-360)